Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Problem running app with multiple versions of the same bundle selected(Possibly an incorrect config.ini generated)
Problem running app with multiple versions of the same bundle selected [message #791924] Mon, 06 February 2012 12:25 Go to next message
Mark .Friend
Hi all,

I have two versions of camel-core selected in my launch configuration, 2.75 and 2.9.0.
When I run my app, only one of them is loaded (2.7.5) which is the one my plugins depend upon. Now, my plugins also depend upon a bundle which in turn depends upon camel 2.9.0.

I have both version in my target platform and both are selected in the PDE launch config. However, the plugin which depends upon the 2.9.0 version is not resolved because it cannot find 2.9.0 (see below)

Framework is launched.

id	State       Bundle
56	INSTALLED   org.hb.core.commons_0.0.1.SNAPSHOT

osgi> diag 56
initial@reference:file:../hb-bundles/commons-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar/ [56]
  Direct constraints which are unresolved:
    Missing imported package org.apache.camel_[2.9.0,3.0.0).

I have looked at the config.ini file generated by eclipse and noticed that the camel 2.9.0 jar is not references at all, only the 2.7.5 version. Remember, both versions were selected in plug-ins tab of the Eclipse application run configuration.

Any ideas?

[Updated on: Mon, 06 February 2012 16:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem running app with multiple versions of the same bundle selected [message #1830665 is a reply to message #791924] Thu, 30 July 2020 17:35 Go to previous message
Hubert Guerard is currently offline Hubert GuerardFriend
I know this thread is quite old but I am facing the same problem.

I am facing the same problem but with guava (v28 and v21). I noted that the generated config.ini contains the two references for guava v28 even though I have checked guava v21 and guava v28 in the plug-ins tab.

I think the logic that generates the config.ini gets messed up and add the same reference for both checked plugin.
Previous Topic:How to listen to file events
Next Topic:Eclipse Plugin Console Launch Buttons
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:31:35 GMT 2024