Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Error adding a part(Get an error when adding part to part stack)
Error adding a part [message #789869] Fri, 03 February 2012 14:11 Go to next message
Phill Perryman is currently offline Phill PerrymanFriend
Back to the tutorial. I have created ther perspective stack/partsashcontainer/part stack. When I add the part I get the error below.

Is this a bug or is it something strange with the various install and updates I have done to my installation. If it is a bug do I just log it in bugzilla.

It does not stop the app launching but I can't put labels etc on the part as it won't render in the editor.

eclipse.buildId=I20120127-1145
java.version=1.6.0_29
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_GB
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

Error
Fri Feb 03 14:01:45 GMT 2012
Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.jface".

java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: APPLICATION_ELEMENT__PERSISTED_STATE
at org.eclipse.e4.tools.emf.ui.internal.common.component.PartEditor.createForm(PartEditor.java:289)
at org.eclipse.e4.tools.emf.ui.internal.common.component.PartEditor.doGetEditor(PartEditor.java:130)
at org.eclipse.e4.tools.emf.ui.common.component.AbstractComponentEditor.getEditor(AbstractComponentEditor.java:120)
at org.eclipse.e4.tools.emf.ui.internal.common.ModelEditor$5$1.run(ModelEditor.java:522)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.ObservableTracker.runAndCollect(ObservableTracker.java:150)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.ObservablesManager.runAndCollect(ObservablesManager.java:103)
at org.eclipse.e4.tools.emf.ui.internal.common.ModelEditor$5.selectionChanged(ModelEditor.java:519)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.Viewer$2.run(Viewer.java:164)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.JFaceUtil$1.run(JFaceUtil.java:49)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:175)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.Viewer.fireSelectionChanged(Viewer.java:162)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.updateSelection(StructuredViewer.java:2188)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.handleSelect(StructuredViewer.java:1211)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$4.widgetSelected(StructuredViewer.java:1241)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.fireSelectionEvent(OpenStrategy.java:239)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.access$4(OpenStrategy.java:233)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy$1.handleEvent(OpenStrategy.java:403)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4165)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3754)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:999)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:893)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:85)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$4.run(Workbench.java:579)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:534)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:124)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:352)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:624)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:579)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1433)

Re: Error adding a part [message #789876 is a reply to message #789869] Fri, 03 February 2012 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Kölling is currently offline Thomas KöllingFriend
Yes i think it's a bug. Having the same issue. Bug is already filled in BugZilla.
Re: Error adding a part [message #789936 is a reply to message #789876] Fri, 03 February 2012 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah well as I can't now attach Java code to the model my tutorial has come to a premature end. Do you know the bugzilla number so I can watch it to see when I can go back to playing. If not I will go search for it.
Re: Error adding a part [message #790059 is a reply to message #789936] Fri, 03 February 2012 19:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lars Vogel is currently offline Lars VogelFriend

Works for me, can you add the class by entering the bundleclass URI directly?

The URI schema is described here: URI schema in Eclipse 4

[Updated on: Fri, 03 February 2012 19:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Error adding a part [message #790063 is a reply to message #790059] Fri, 03 February 2012 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lars Vogel is currently offline Lars VogelFriend

And can you describe what you do to get this error?
Re: Error adding a part [message #791765 is a reply to message #790063] Mon, 06 February 2012 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I added a Part to the PartStack.
<children xsi:type="basic:PartSashContainer" xmi:id="_MDPXAE5mEeG5SvA2hAKwLg" elementId="sash" horizontal="true">
<children xsi:type="basic:PartStack" xmi:id="_NDeE8E5mEeG5SvA2hAKwLg" elementId="one">
<children xsi:type="basic:Part" xmi:id="_0t2IcE5mEeG5SvA2hAKwLg"/>
</children>
When I click on the Part in the Form tab in the model editor I get the error and the Part form does not render. The title changes from PartStack to Part but the rest of the form stays as the PartStack form. Hence I can't set the values for the Part as I cannot get the form to render.
Re: Error adding a part [message #791815 is a reply to message #790063] Mon, 06 February 2012 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Kölling is currently offline Thomas KöllingFriend
Hi Phil,

the Bug is described here:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=370538

the solution: you have to use the following repository:
http://download.eclipse.org/e4/downloads/drops/S-0.12M5-201201271145/repository

then install the e4 tooling stuff. then you have the latest model editor installed.
Re: Error adding a part [message #792117 is a reply to message #791815] Mon, 06 February 2012 16:32 Go to previous message
Thanks, I installed the sdk and then added the repository as an update site and installed everything and now I no longer get the error.
Previous Topic:Adding an new Perspective in a fragment
Next Topic:E4 application accessibility question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:31:04 GMT 2024