Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Problem with 3.8M5 Update Sites disappearing(During testing, all update sites vanished from available sites - happened just once)
Problem with 3.8M5 Update Sites disappearing [message #789378] Thu, 02 February 2012 23:05 Go to next message
Jeff Johnston is currently offline Jeff JohnstonFriend
I was testing 3.8M5 and I ran into a bizarre event that I can't reproduce. I downloaded the SDK for x86_64 Linux, started it and then installed the CDT using the default Juno update site provided. That worked fine. I realized that I had gotten the old M4 version of CDT so I added their M5 repository and updated. That worked fine. I then added the Linux Tools update-juno site and got the various Linux Tools. That worked fine. After doing some Linux tools testing, I went to install something else from Linux Tools and found that there were no update sites any more. No default ones and none in the list of available sites.

I didn't see anything obvious in the log file so I re-installed 3.8M5 from the tar file and reinstalled CDT M5 and Linux Tools from its update-juno site. No problems. The sites are all there. I also didn't experience any problems with my similar 4.2 test.

No point in opening a bug because I can't reproduce it, but I thought I would mention it in case it might ring some bells with developers and cause someone to think of something that could be occurring.
Re: Problem with 3.8M5 Update Sites disappearing [message #789855 is a reply to message #789378] Fri, 03 February 2012 13:51 Go to previous message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

It's logged: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=357879

PW

Previous Topic:Re: How to Draw a line inside a Table?
Next Topic:eclipse rcp compare editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:23:44 GMT 2024