Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » MoDisco » Modisco API(I can't find the API)
Modisco API [message #788926] Thu, 02 February 2012 11:43 Go to next message
porchrat Missing name is currently offline porchrat Missing nameFriend
Hi all

I've checked through the forum and can't tell if this question has been asked before.

I've got Modisco along with my indigo modelling edition version of Eclipse. I've tried out the 4 or 5 Java based discoverers that come with it. Now I am ready to start creating my own discoverers but despite my searching I have been unable to find the API and some basic examples to get me going.

If someone could please direct me to this sort of thing I would really appreciate it.

Thanks everyone.
Re: Modisco API [message #788975 is a reply to message #788926] Thu, 02 February 2012 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hugo Bruneliere is currently offline Hugo BruneliereFriend
Hello,

MoDisco provides a generic interface that has to be implemented for any new model discoverer to be plugged and then used into the MoDisco framework.
Information related to this is available from the MoDisco reference documentation: http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/modisco/doc/org.eclipse.modisco.doc/ section "Infrastructure - Discovery Manager"

Concerning the building of the discoverer themselves, there is no unique way to follow as it principally depends on the nature of the source language/technology.
However, one very important thing is to start by defining the corresponding metamodel in Ecore.
You can take a look to what has already been done in MoDisco for the Java, JSP or XML languages to have some concrete examples of this.

I hope this will help you to start.

Best regards,

Hugo

--------------------------------------------------------
Hugo Bruneliere, PhD
NaoMod team (IMT Atlantique & LS2N-CNRS)
Nantes - France
--------------------------------------------------------
Re: Modisco API [message #789708 is a reply to message #788975] Fri, 03 February 2012 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
porchrat Missing name is currently offline porchrat Missing nameFriend
Ah thank you that helped. I had actually looked around there before and while I liked the look of that particular developer guide I also wanted to find the actual API. I see now that the API is there you just need to search for it. Embarrassed

Anyway I will get cracking on that now. For the moment I'm looking at trying to use a parser I already have to parse source files from disk. Should be fun.
Re: Modisco API [message #795611 is a reply to message #789708] Fri, 10 February 2012 17:24 Go to previous message
Gregoire Dupe is currently offline Gregoire DupeFriend
Hello,

Be careful, the documentation hosted in http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/modisco/doc/org.eclipse.modisco.doc/ is build from the SVN head. This is not a "released" documentation.

The "released" documentation is embedded in a documentation plug-in (accessible through the menu "Help> Help Contents" in your Eclipse). The released documentation is also accessible in http://help.eclipse.org/

Regards,
Grégoire
Previous Topic:How can I use ATL to modify a java model based on a third party lib
Next Topic:EMF Ecore model from java source code
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:43:00 GMT 2024