Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Disable Ant Syntax coloring in favor of standard XML file sytax coloring?
Disable Ant Syntax coloring in favor of standard XML file sytax coloring? [message #788474] Wed, 01 February 2012 21:31 Go to next message
Jason Clark is currently offline Jason ClarkFriend
Eclipse offers syntax coloring of XML files; I've configured mine to use a specific scheme (XML|XML Files|Editor|Syntax Coloring in preferences). When I load an ant file (build.xml), it doesn't use my XML color scheme; instead it uses an ant-specific syntax color scheme which is configurable (Ant|Editor in preferences, Syntax tab), but it is not as flexible as the basic XML highlighting. Is there a way to prevent the Ant-mode syntax coloring from running at all, and allow the basic XML file syntax coloring to run instead?

Thanks,
Jason
Re: Disable Ant Syntax coloring in favor of standard XML file sytax coloring? [message #788477 is a reply to message #788474] Wed, 01 February 2012 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Clark is currently offline Jason ClarkFriend
Not exactly what I was looking for, but found a partial work-around - in the Package Explorer, right-clicking build.xml lets me choose "Open With..."; opening with the XML Editor gives me the formatting I want, but at the loss of other ant-specific features. I can, however, keep both editors open in different tabs. Any way to amend the behavior of the Ant Editor as described above?
Re: Disable Ant Syntax coloring in favor of standard XML file sytax coloring? [message #788874 is a reply to message #788477] Thu, 02 February 2012 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dani Megert is currently offline Dani MegertFriend
On 01.02.2012 22:37, Jason Clark wrote:
> Not exactly what I was looking for, but found a partial work-around -
> in the Package Explorer, right-clicking build.xml lets me choose "Open
> With..."; opening with the XML Editor gives me the formatting I want,
> but at the loss of other ant-specific features. I can, however, keep
> both editors open in different tabs. Any way to amend the behavior of
> the Ant Editor as described above?
No.

Dani
Re: Disable Ant Syntax coloring in favor of standard XML file sytax coloring? [message #806450 is a reply to message #788874] Sat, 25 February 2012 01:06 Go to previous message
Daniel Wislocki is currently offline Daniel WislockiFriend
Perhaps it's an opportunity to contribute to the community? I've definitely been frustrated by that myself.
Previous Topic:Eclipse console and jline
Next Topic:Cannot Start Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:03:46 GMT 2024