Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Various Questions (Tabbed pane, mouse movement, languages, empty strings)(Resize Tabbed Pane / Relative mouse movement / Languages / Empty strings)
Various Questions (Tabbed pane, mouse movement, languages, empty strings) [message #788309] Wed, 01 February 2012 16:25 Go to next message
Johann Vogel is currently offline Johann VogelFriend
At the Moment i am trying to drag and drop the resize-marker (the thing you need to resize) to 0/50% so, the screen is exactly splittet.

My problem is, if I move my mouse (via click tabbed pane with 0 clicks) - i can just move it to 0/0 but not to the "borders" that would be about -5/0 or something like that.

I also haven't found a way to simply relatively (to the actual position) move the mouse, or change the jubula-config so that it allows negative coordinates, or a function that grabs the borders of a pane/window to resize it.

Shortform: I am searching: Relatively move mouseposition || resize tabbed pane || possibilty/patch to enter negative absolute coordinates.

[Updated on: Mon, 06 February 2012 09:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Resize Tabbed Pane / Relative mouse movement [message #788761 is a reply to message #788309] Thu, 02 February 2012 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

Component resizing is something that we haven't really placed much focus on in our actions I'm afraid. You could consider writing an extension to perform such an action, or you could maximize the whole tab (via context menu / double click) or use a workspace where the layout you require has already been set up (I'm assuming it's an RCP app).

HTH,
Alex
Re: Resize Tabbed Pane / Relative mouse movement [message #789067 is a reply to message #788309] Thu, 02 February 2012 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes it's an RCP app, but I am just a tester/jubula test writer not a developer (sounds strange, I know).

Maximizing doesn't work, because it's an editor or something like that (have tried/asked developer) and the workspace-option is not ideal.

Is there an option to simply relatively move the mouse (up, so "negative" coordinates)? This would do it for me. Relatively moving the mouse would be a Java Two-Liner like this.

void RelMoveMouse(int x, int y){
Mouse.setPosition(Mouse.getX+x, Mouse.getY+y);
}

Is there a possibilty to enter nothing (to check if a form works with empty fields). Leaving them empty doesn't allow the test case to run. What do i have to enter, so it prints nothing at input/replacetext? "" doesn't work.

[Updated on: Thu, 02 February 2012 16:14]

Re: Resize Tabbed Pane / Relative mouse movement [message #789646 is a reply to message #788309] Fri, 03 February 2012 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Nothing strange about being a tester, and nothing 'just' about it either imho Wink

As I'm not a developer either, I can't say much about what would be necessary to do such an action in a Jubula context. I do know that something that could be a 2-liner for a team developing it for their own personal use (or for contribution Wink ) could well be something that the Jubula team would write for three "toolkits" (Swing, SWT/RCP and HTML), and possibly for multiple components, including rigorous testing for the new action in all toolkits and components Wink Feel free to enter an enhancement for an action like "move mouse".

Perhaps I (or other forum participants) can help more if you explain the use case you are trying to test. It is 'just' the resize capability of the Eclipse editors, or is it in order to do something else?

As entering empty strings, have a look here.

HTH,
Alex
Re: Resize Tabbed Pane / Relative mouse movement [message #791787 is a reply to message #789646] Mon, 06 February 2012 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for your answer, it really helped and i can't thank you enough.

I have now added an additional language (german/germany) to the default-language english, and now i have the "problem" that in german i have to enter all the test-values again like "Click button xy" has the parameters "mouse button" and "number of clicks". I have to reenter 1/1 even if that (numbers in general) is not language specific. Is there an option to "copy" (or reference) all the english values to german, and just change the about ~5 values (mainly label-compares) afterwards? Atm adding the labels as parameters seems the "best" option.

Edit: renamed thread, because the old description was not descriptive any more.

[Updated on: Mon, 06 February 2012 09:04]

Re: Resize Tabbed Pane / Relative mouse movement [message #791853 is a reply to message #791787] Mon, 06 February 2012 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

At the moment, there is no automated way of getting data (even the stuff that probably won't change, unfortunately, like "operator", "click count" etc) transferred between two languages. This is something we've talked about a few times, but the general consensus has been up until now that most people seem to be testing their AUT in one language only, and anyone who does perform tests for more than one language will probably only do it for certain aspects or use cases (e.g. a use case to calculate discount, where the currency symbol and decimal place marker would be different). This doesn't mean that the feature wouldn't be useful, but is just meant as an explanation of why it hasn't been a priority.

Hope that helps a bit,
Alex
Re: Resize Tabbed Pane / Relative mouse movement [message #792048 is a reply to message #791853] Mon, 06 February 2012 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A good standard-config would be to simply use the configuration you entered in the "Default Project language" (english) and if the current run-language differs, overwrite the values that have been defined in the current language.

I have found a new "design problem":
It's about the same as the "Ok-Button Problem" described in 5.4.2, but i can't "dodge" it with retry.
I have a tree where i want to open every first leaf of a branch (to check if an exception + messagebox is thrown because faulty editor,this is the acutal error searched) - so i have to check if there is a sub-node per branch (step 1: open tree via textpath, step2: tree / check existance via indexpath - relative indexpath - parameter '1') - but there will never be a node because it's okay that branches have no leafs - so this "retry"-trick won't work, and i get false positives.
Re: Resize Tabbed Pane / Relative mouse movement [message #792597 is a reply to message #792048] Tue, 07 February 2012 06:54 Go to previous message
Hi,

For the tree, it sounds like you may either have to know in advance whether your current branch has a leaf. Knowing what your data are is always preferable for a deterministic test. If you can't, then you might want to get creative - pressing right arrow would select the first child if it's there and do nothing if no child is present, I think (though I'm not sure about whether this is highly platform-specific or not...).

As an aside - can you post new questions as new threads? It makes the forum easier to navigate for everyone Smile

Regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:How to include unbound_modules_concrete in our project.
Next Topic:Drag and Drop - object mapping error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 19:36:15 GMT 2024