Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » Don't get programmatical cache invalidation to work [JPA]
Don't get programmatical cache invalidation to work [JPA] [message #788067] Wed, 01 February 2012 10:03 Go to next message
Missing name Missing name is currently offline Missing name Missing nameFriend
Hi,

my database is externally modified so at some point I need to invalidate the entity cache in my web application.

I wrote a servlet which basically does the following:

@PersistenceContext // injected via Spring
EntityManager em;

JpaEntityManager nativeEm = em.unwrap(JpaEntityManager.class);

// this method always throws an NPE
Session session = nativeEm.getSession();

session.getIdentityMapAccessor().invalidateAll();

I also tried the other flavors of get*Session(), but none of them worked. What is the correct way to get access to an active session?

Thanks,
Marian

Environment:
GlassFish 3.1.1 w/ EclipseLink 2.3.0
MySQL 5.x
Re: Don't get programmatical cache invalidation to work [JPA] [message #788276 is a reply to message #788067] Wed, 01 February 2012 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shaun Smith is currently offline Shaun SmithFriend
In JPA 2.0, you can use the Cache.evictAll() method to invalidate the EclipseLink caches. You'll need to inject the EntityManagerFactory and call emf.getCache().evictAll().

--Shaun
Re: Don't get programmatical cache invalidation to work [JPA] [message #788373 is a reply to message #788276] Wed, 01 February 2012 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marian Seitner is currently offline Marian SeitnerFriend
Thanks, works like a charm!

However I wonder what would have been the "hard way" using the EclipseLink session... could you give me some pointers? Especially for the problem of not getting a session through the EntityManager...

Thanks,
Marian
Re: Don't get programmatical cache invalidation to work [JPA] [message #788380 is a reply to message #788373] Wed, 01 February 2012 18:35 Go to previous message
Shaun Smith is currently offline Shaun SmithFriend
You should have called getServerSession() on the JpaEntityManager. The ServerSession is the object that underlies the EntityManagerFactory.

--Shaun
Previous Topic:Don't get programmatical cache invalidation to work [JPA]
Next Topic:JPA Partitioning and Spring
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 17:22:04 GMT 2024