Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Custom emitter(Width and height of a cell, table or grid)
Custom emitter [message #786853] Mon, 30 January 2012 22:10 Go to next message
seha Missing name is currently offline seha Missing nameFriend
Hi to all,

i am implementing a custom emitter and i need to know the width and height of a cell, table or grid in pixels or points. The issue ocurrs if the measures are not explicitly set in the Report Designer.

I tried to get these info by calling cellContent.getWidth() and cellContent.getComputedStyle().getWidth(). The first one returns null, the second one throws a "createUnsupportedPropertyException" exception.

I am using Birt 2.6.

Can anyone give me a hint how to get this done?

Cheers
Re: Custom emitter [message #788186 is a reply to message #786853] Wed, 01 February 2012 13:07 Go to previous message
Berti Krüger is currently offline Berti KrügerFriend
Hello Seha.

I think, i have the same problem as you. I am also working on a custom BIRT Emitter for evaluation purposes for our company and need to know the dimensions of the given report items.

When the startTable method void startTable(ITableContent tableContent), or the startCell method void startCell(ICellContent celllContent) is called, i need to know the dimensions of the table or the cell.

But i also don't see how to get these values when they are not set in the Report-Design-file since ITableContent or ICellContent do not have them.

Did you figure anything out yet ?

Cheers Berti
Previous Topic:Create MySql Dataset at Runtime
Next Topic:An error has occurred: Plateau Report Designer-Birt
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:27:50 GMT 2024