Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » JFace » tree viewer, cell multi selection not highlighted.
tree viewer, cell multi selection not highlighted. [message #786422] Mon, 30 January 2012 12:01 Go to next message
Christophe Bouhier is currently offline Christophe BouhierFriend
Hi,

On MacOSX Lion, when I enable cell navigation. (From Snippet058CellNavigationIn34 ),
highlighting of non focus, but selected cells is not as expected. In the attached screenshot,
I am selecting multiple cells in column 0. The selection starts at the row named "SCTP".

What I observe:

- The selection is there, as I do get the multiple selected items.
- The highlighting is in background white, only for the text bounds of the cell.
- The foreground seems to be white as well, as the collapse/expand triangle is not visible for the row named "SCTP". (Note: I Use a StyleCellLabelProvider for the label and images).

What I would expect, is the multiple selection to be at least visible, I guess it can't be the same color as the selection of the focused cell, but a reasonable default should be to make clear it's selected.
What I would like, is to keep the default selection color, even for the focus cell, but then have the focus cell draw a dotted line or thicker border around the focus cell.

For the latter, I could implement my own FocusCellOwnerDrawHighlighter and re-implement markFocusedCell.
How do I change the multi-selection highlighting color to non-white?

Thank you,
Christophe Bouhier

[Updated on: Mon, 30 January 2012 12:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: tree viewer, cell multi selection not highlighted. [message #786439 is a reply to message #786422] Mon, 30 January 2012 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
There's a bugzilla with a solution for this already but I can't remember
the bugid.

Tom

Am 30.01.12 13:01, schrieb Christophe Bouhier:
> Hi,
>
> On MacOSX Lion, when I enable cell navigation. (From Snippet058CellNavigationIn34 ),
> highlighting of non selected cell is not as expected. In the attached screenshot,
> I am selecting multiple cells in column 0. The selection starts at the row named "SCTP".
>
> What I observe:
>
> - The selection is there, as I do get the multiple selected items.
> - The highlighting is in background white, only for the text bounds of the cell.
> - The foreground seems to be white as well, as the collapse/expand triangle is not visible for the row named "SCTP". (Note: I Use a StyleCellLabelProvider for the label and images).
>
> What I would expect, is the multiple selection to be at least visible, I guess it can't be the same color as the selection of the focused cell, but a reasonable default should be to make clear it's selected.
> What I would like, is to keep the default selection color, even for the focus cell, but then have the focus cell draw a dotted line or thicker border around the focus cell.
>
> For the latter, I could implement my own FocusCellOwnerDrawHighlighter and re-implement markFocusedCell.
> How do I change the multi-selection highlighting color to non-white?
>
> Thank you,
> Christophe Bouhier
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Re: tree viewer, cell multi selection not highlighted. [message #786468 is a reply to message #786439] Mon, 30 January 2012 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks Tom. You mean this one?
Re: tree viewer, cell multi selection not highlighted. [message #786477 is a reply to message #786468] Mon, 30 January 2012 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or this one, 197953 looks better.
Re: tree viewer, cell multi selection not highlighted. [message #786505 is a reply to message #786477] Mon, 30 January 2012 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tried this, but it doesn't really work.
- up and dawn arrow keys are not working.
- selection is the full row, not the selected cell.
Re: tree viewer, cell multi selection not highlighted. [message #786508 is a reply to message #786505] Mon, 30 January 2012 14:08 Go to previous message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
I meant 268135

Tom

Am 30.01.12 15:07, schrieb Christophe Bouhier:
> I tried this, but it doesn't really work. - up and dawn arrow keys are
> not working. - selection is the full row, not the selected cell.
Previous Topic:Binding text on button
Next Topic:Double scrollbars in GraphicalEditor and TreeView
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:44:15 GMT 2024