Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Lua Development Tools » Cannot use any LTD feature on Mac
Cannot use any LTD feature on Mac [message #785196] Sat, 28 January 2012 16:42 Go to next message
bbb ggg is currently offline bbb gggFriend
Hi,

Ive been trying to use LTD as a standalone product 32/64 bit on Macos 10.7 but without any success. Basically none of features from the video are available. I can just fold code, see code highlighting and see some errors from code analyzer. Just downloaded app package and create new project...

Regards,
Tom
Re: Cannot use any LTD feature on Mac [message #785802 is a reply to message #785196] Sun, 29 January 2012 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin Cabé is currently offline Benjamin CabéFriend

Hi Tom,

Since you are on the Mac --and here I am assuming you're not familiar with Eclipse, thus excuse me if my remark sounds stupid!--, it is possible that the keyboard shortcut to trigger content-assist is conflicting with Spotlight, or Alfred... You may want to double check what is the shortcut associated to "Content Assist" in the Preferences (General > Keys).

To setup debug, you should follow the instructions in the online help (or directly here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Koneki/LDT/User_Guide#Remote_Debug)

Let me know if there's anything else you need help with, since I am not sure what are the features covered by your "basically none features from the video [...]" statement Smile

Cheers,
Ben --

Re: Cannot use any LTD feature on Mac [message #786698 is a reply to message #785802] Mon, 30 January 2012 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

This was obvious the part about eclipse Smile

local var = {}
var.x = 10
var.y = 10
local function doIt()
  return 10
end
var.doIt = doIt

Content Assist does not work for neither of those fields regardless of setup in preferences. The only fields are available are snippets and base keywords, nothing custom made by user.

Without such option this would be useless to use it IMO for dynamic language.

Regards,
Tom

[Updated on: Mon, 30 January 2012 18:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Cannot use any LTD feature on Mac [message #788388 is a reply to message #786698] Wed, 01 February 2012 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi,

i assume that module functionality is required to use content assist at all? Due to performance issues I would like to not to use module keyword at all, instead of just making file like in previous post.

PS: any chance to have some more support for Corona SDK (like this no-module option above) ? There is a really big community just waiting for good Lua IDE.

Regards,
Tom
Re: Cannot use any LTD feature on Mac [message #790023 is a reply to message #788388] Fri, 03 February 2012 18:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon Bernard is currently offline Simon BernardFriend
hi,
We are also not satisfy about the autocompletion we provide.
We currently work on a new implementation. (see discussion)
The main goal is to provide user assistance for API (of SDKs or modules)
This means that it should be easy to provide autocompletion for most of the lua SDK (like corona)

We are not sure that keyword autocompletion is very revelant, but we thought that snippet is not useless.

We will surely deliver a beta for soon.

(About module, not sure to see the performance issues there are)
Re: Cannot use any LTD feature on Mac [message #790615 is a reply to message #790023] Sat, 04 February 2012 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

"Module" keyword is obsolete in Lua 5.2. I was thinking about code completion like in LuaEdit, detection of variables and functions.

Regards,
Tom
Re: Cannot use any LTD feature on Mac [message #791828 is a reply to message #788388] Mon, 06 February 2012 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin Cabé is currently offline Benjamin CabéFriend

Hi Tom,

tom bladko wrote on Wed, 01 February 2012 19:49
hi,
PS: any chance to have some more support for Corona SDK (like this no-module option above) ? There is a really big community just waiting for good Lua IDE.

We will try to add some sort of support for Corona SDK as soon as the new feature Simon mentioned will have been setup, allowing to ship the definition of the SDK to enable autocompletion for Corona APIs.

In the meantime, I invite you to add the templates available here in your IDE (in the preferences of the IDE: Lua > Templates > Import...). They will provide you with autocompletion for a lots of common patterns in Corona!

Re: Cannot use any LTD feature on Mac [message #791847 is a reply to message #790615] Mon, 06 February 2012 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
You're right, the module(...) function will be removed in lua 5.2. The "M" table style is the recommended way.
There are many other way to implement a module in lua, that's why we work first on an explicit way based on documentation to describe a module.

In the first version of our new implementation, the autocompletion of local variables will be available. (without local type inference, but we should add this later)
Simon.
Re: Cannot use any LTD feature on Mac [message #794122 is a reply to message #791847] Wed, 08 February 2012 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Have You seen "Lua for IDEA plugin" ? This could be good reference about those basic productivity functions from IDE. Write some base code + documentation with tables / functions / local, document it and be able to work on dynamic code much like on static one due to help from IDE.

Regards,
Tom

[Updated on: Wed, 08 February 2012 23:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Cannot use any LTD feature on Mac [message #799313 is a reply to message #794122] Wed, 15 February 2012 18:28 Go to previous message
Hi Tom,
Thx for the "Lua for IDEA plugin" reference, we will have a look at it.
As promised we delivered here a beta version of our new content assist support.
Hope you appreciate it, and do not hesitate to give us feedback!
Previous Topic:LDT features inside CDT project
Next Topic:Simple Koneki question (or maybe not)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:05:32 GMT 2024