Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Communications Framework (ECF) » Eclipse hangs after installing egit -- error=ecf(Hangs)
Eclipse hangs after installing egit -- error=ecf [message #784949] Sat, 28 January 2012 07:28 Go to next message
Prathmesh Kallurkar is currently offline Prathmesh KallurkarFriend
I am using Eclipse Indigo. Today I tried to install egit plugin using standard eclipse link.

While installing the egit, my proxy got squished and the install was stuck. I then logged in from a different proxy. The thing got installed.

Now when i am trying to start it again, i get this error "Accessing non-adaptable element org.eclipse.ecf.examples.remoteservices.hello.ds.host" and eclipse stops.

It does not show any error message or anything.

How should I solve this issue ??
Should i reset the eclipse proxy setting to a new location without starting the IDE ?? Or should I reset eclipse to a point before installing egit ??

Please explain the procedure in the answer.
Re: Eclipse hangs after installing egit -- error=ecf [message #824565 is a reply to message #784949] Mon, 19 March 2012 20:32 Go to previous message
Scott Lewis is currently offline Scott LewisFriend
Prathmesh Kallurkar wrote on Sat, 28 January 2012 02:28
I am using Eclipse Indigo. Today I tried to install egit plugin using standard eclipse link.

While installing the egit, my proxy got squished and the install was stuck. I then logged in from a different proxy. The thing got installed.

Now when i am trying to start it again, i get this error "Accessing non-adaptable element org.eclipse.ecf.examples.remoteservices.hello.ds.host" and eclipse stops.

It does not show any error message or anything.

How should I solve this issue ??
Should i reset the eclipse proxy setting to a new location without starting the IDE ?? Or should I reset eclipse to a point before installing egit ??

Please explain the procedure in the answer.

I don't think this has anything to do with ECF...as we ECF developers use git (and egit) all the time with our codebase...and have not experienced these problems at all.

It may be something wrong with either eGit or with the git server (or some interaction), but I don't know enough about eGit to say.

I would ask the question of either the eGit people (on an eGit forum) or of the Eclipse IT people (the people responsible for maintaining the git server/service).

Previous Topic:ECF 3.5.5 released
Next Topic:Problems with Class Loading: NullPointerException in ch.ethz.iks.r_osgi.impl.RemoteOSGiServiceImpl
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:57:27 GMT 2024