Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » can't add org.eclipse.core.expressions
can't add org.eclipse.core.expressions [message #784792] Sat, 28 January 2012 01:28 Go to next message
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising nameFriend
I'm trying to follow the directions on using Eclipse Commands in my RCP app.
On the manifest dependencies page, I need to add the "org.eclipse.core.expressions" plug in so I can define expressions.
I can't.
When I click on the "Add..." button, and start typing "expre", it only show me the org.eclipse.core.expressions.source plugin.
I can see from looking at my run configuration that the core.expressions plug-in is used, as it's included in the run configuration.
I just can't seem to add it to the dependencies tab in the Manifest editor.

Any suggestions?
Re: can't add org.eclipse.core.expressions [message #784798 is a reply to message #784792] Sat, 28 January 2012 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising nameFriend
So, reading the instructions again: "Select plugin.xml and add "org.eclipse.core.expressions" as a dependency. Select then the Extensions tab and add the extensions org.eclipse.core.expressions.definitions. "
I decided to try the 2nd step, since I can't do the 1st.
It lets me add the extension, without adding the dependency.
Somehow, this seems wrong.
Re: can't add org.eclipse.core.expressions [message #786729 is a reply to message #784798] Mon, 30 January 2012 19:08 Go to previous message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

Sounds like you are picking it up already, but the dependencies in your MANIFEST.MF will describe from where.

PW

Previous Topic:FilteredTree with TreeViewerColumns?
Next Topic:Add MRU to File menu defined in plugin.xml ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:16:03 GMT 2024