Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Exception on Push to github repository
Exception on Push to github repository [message #784685] Fri, 27 January 2012 21:51 Go to next message
Brian Fletcher is currently offline Brian FletcherFriend
I am new to git, egit and github. I recently set up an account on github to store the source code for a project I am working on. I have been using egit to push changes to github. However after the second push when I attempted a further push and was shown an error to screen. "An internal Exception occurred during push: ssh://git@github.com/xxx/xxx.git: session is down". I am not sure how to approach debugging this issue. If someone from the forum could give me some pointers, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

The stack trace which appears in the eclipse error log shows the following exception.

org.eclipse.jgit.api.errors.JGitInternalException: Exception caught during execution of push command
	at org.eclipse.jgit.api.PushCommand.call(PushCommand.java:156)
	at org.eclipse.egit.core.op.PushOperation.run(PushOperation.java:227)
	at org.eclipse.egit.ui.internal.push.PushOperationUI.execute(PushOperationUI.java:145)
	at org.eclipse.egit.ui.internal.push.PushOperationUI$1.run(PushOperationUI.java:202)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
Caused by: org.eclipse.jgit.errors.TransportException: ssh://git@github.com/xxx/xxx.git: session is down
	at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.JschSession$JschProcess.<init>(JschSession.java:154)
	at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.JschSession$JschProcess.<init>(JschSession.java:118)
	at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.JschSession.exec(JschSession.java:91)
	at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.TransportGitSsh$SshPushConnection.<init>(TransportGitSsh.java:306)
	at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.TransportGitSsh.openPush(TransportGitSsh.java:152)
	at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.PushProcess.execute(PushProcess.java:130)
	at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.Transport.push(Transport.java:1120)
	at org.eclipse.jgit.api.PushCommand.call(PushCommand.java:152)
	... 4 more
Caused by: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: session is down
	at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.openChannel(Session.java:750)
	at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.JschSession$JschProcess.<init>(JschSession.java:147)
	... 11 more

My eclipse session data.

eclipse.buildId=M20110909-1335
java.version=1.6.0_25
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_IE
Framework arguments:  -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product
Re: Exception on Push to github repository [message #784705 is a reply to message #784685] Fri, 27 January 2012 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
Are you able to push from native git ?
Re: Exception on Push to github repository [message #784732 is a reply to message #784705] Fri, 27 January 2012 23:15 Go to previous message
Brian Fletcher is currently offline Brian FletcherFriend
hey, yes git bash worked fine. To get git bash working I followed the steps on the github website. While doing that I realised that the id_rsa file path for eclipse in the ssh2 preferences was wrong. :S. When I changed it to the new id_rsa file that was created it worked fine. Case closed, I guess. Thanks for the help Matthias!
Previous Topic:Best practices new branches, switching branches and projects that disappear?
Next Topic:Forcing merge to accept "new" version from repository
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 13:52:27 GMT 2024