Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Is there a Tutorial for Exporting products for multiple platforms?
Is there a Tutorial for Exporting products for multiple platforms? [message #784554] Fri, 27 January 2012 17:38 Go to next message
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising nameFriend
I have a product that works fine on Win32. I can export it with an installer, and the installer works.
I've downloaded the Delta packs that match my Eclipse RCP version.

Now, is there a tutorial on just what needs to be done so I can generate Linux, Mac, etc.. versions?
The help is somewhat lacking in this regard.
Re: Is there a Tutorial for Exporting products for multiple platforms? [message #785757 is a reply to message #784554] Sun, 29 January 2012 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bernard Sarter is currently offline Bernard SarterFriend
Hello,

You can use Buckminster for that (have a look here: http://www.ralfebert.de/blog/eclipsercp/rcp_builds/, the link explains how to do it in a headless configuration with Hudson/Jenkins, but you can do the same from your IDE, with the Buckinster plugin).

The first time, you may consider that as complex and cryptic, but after a while, some tests & trial, it is just powerful Wink

Regards,
Bernard.
Re: Is there a Tutorial for Exporting products for multiple platforms? [message #788302 is a reply to message #785757] Wed, 01 February 2012 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Casas is currently offline David CasasFriend

Hi,

it is quite easy to export them to multiple OS, just download the eclipse Delta Pack (it is not working properly on Linux OS) and put it on the Plugin Preferences of eclipse. Once you've done that you will be able to export to different OS platforms just exporting your product Wink
Re: Is there a Tutorial for Exporting products for multiple platforms? [message #790834 is a reply to message #788302] Sat, 04 February 2012 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, I've been trying to export to multiple platforms.
I have an Eclipse RCP installation for version 3.7.1.
I downloaded the 3.7.1 delta pack, and added it to that eclipse.
I select export to multiple platforms, and select some others. (it doesn't matter which ones I select)
ANYTHING other than the Win64 version I developed with doesn't work.
They all give me an error of the form:
Processing inclusion from feature org.eclipse.equinox.executable: Unable to find plug-in: org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.gtk.linux.x86_1.1.100.v20110505. Please check the error log for more details.

There is no other information in the log.
Re: Is there a Tutorial for Exporting products for multiple platforms? [message #790853 is a reply to message #790834] Sat, 04 February 2012 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did more searching.
The plugins ARE in the eclipse/plugins directory.
They do NOT show up in the Installation Details, Plug-ins list.
So, anyone know how to get Eclipse to find them?
Re: Is there a Tutorial for Exporting products for multiple platforms? [message #791743 is a reply to message #790853] Mon, 06 February 2012 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
You should not add them to your running eclipse but use a target platform!

Tom

Am 05.02.12 00:46, schrieb Missing name Mising name:
> Did more searching.
> The plugins ARE in the eclipse/plugins directory.
> They do NOT show up in the Installation Details, Plug-ins list.
> So, anyone know how to get Eclipse to find them?
Re: Is there a Tutorial for Exporting products for multiple platforms? [message #793381 is a reply to message #791743] Wed, 08 February 2012 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay, I guess I need some definitions here.
Define "Target Platform".

I installed Eclipse with the RCP stuff to an "EclipseRCP" directory.
I launch Eclipse from that directory to work on my RCP application.
I've noticed that when I run the app from within Eclipse, it runs from that directory tree.

So, where is this "Target Platform"?
Re: Is there a Tutorial for Exporting products for multiple platforms? [message #793528 is a reply to message #793381] Wed, 08 February 2012 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sabir pasha is currently offline Sabir pashaFriend
You find Target Platform in your Window->Preference ->Plugin-Development->Target Platform
By default it refers to your working eclipse so here you need to add one more directory to the target platform which is your delta-pack directory
, where you have extracted the delta-pack lib which you downloaded
So now your target platform will have the org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.gtk.linux.x86 plugin which is needed for exporting the product to run on Linux Platform
Re: Is there a Tutorial for Exporting products for multiple platforms? [message #831476 is a reply to message #793528] Thu, 29 March 2012 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Getting back to this again.
While I do now have all the Delta packs, and can now export my RCP app to multiple platforms, it seems that the only one that will actually WORK is the one I'm building on.
Looking at the product Dependencies - it seems to only have the org.eclipse.swt.(current platform) dependency.
Since the Dependencies list appears to be for ALL the products simultaneously - shouldn't it list all the different org.eclise.swt.xxx fragments?
And if so, how does it know which one to use with which platform?
Re: Is there a Tutorial for Exporting products for multiple platforms? [message #831494 is a reply to message #831476] Thu, 29 March 2012 00:56 Go to previous message
Hmm, apparently I hadn't recently clicked on the "Add required plugins". This time it added all the swt versions.
Previous Topic:My product includes org.eclipse.platform feature, but not org.eclipse.ui.ide.workbench application?
Next Topic:Localization of Menus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:21:04 GMT 2024