Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Can Jubula export the tests as UTF-8 encoded XML?
Can Jubula export the tests as UTF-8 encoded XML? [message #783764] Thu, 26 January 2012 12:15 Go to next message
Lars Heinemann is currently offline Lars HeinemannFriend

As the topic already says I'd like to have the exported XML as UFT-8 encoded file but unfortunately it is encoded in UTF-16. Is there any switch I can use to get UTF-8 instead?

Thanks
Lars
Re: Can Jubula export the tests as UTF-8 encoded XML? [message #783778 is a reply to message #783764] Thu, 26 January 2012 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

There isn't a way in Jubula to export the data in UTF-8, but you could use another tool to convert the file after the export if something like that is available. I'm not sure if there is a specific reason why we export in UTF-16 - you could put an enhancement in to change to export format if you want to.

HTH,
Alex
Re: Can Jubula export the tests as UTF-8 encoded XML? [message #783781 is a reply to message #783778] Thu, 26 January 2012 12:55 Go to previous message
Lars Heinemann is currently offline Lars HeinemannFriend

Yes, I wondered about UTF-16 as well. Thought it would be UTF-8 per default but it hit me hard when trying to do resource filtering in Maven using that xml file. Maybe it's possible to do an enhancement to allow choosing the encoding inside the export dialog.

Will raise an issue.

Lars
Previous Topic:Autrun RCP Workspace not working
Next Topic:AUT could not be started, because no valid Java JRE was specified
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:05:39 GMT 2024