Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » AspectJ » AJDT compiler results in errors
AJDT compiler results in errors [message #783613] Thu, 26 January 2012 04:32 Go to next message
Missing name Missing name is currently offline Missing name Missing nameFriend
hi. i have AJDT 2.1.1 in eclipse 3.5. i have a very simple rcp application with a single plugin project bearing a single aspectj (.aj) file. there are also a few other plugin projects that reference that one aspectj file. i have converted all plugin projects to aspectj projects, and then referenced the aspect file via Aspect Path tab. all the expected weaving takes place without a problem.
however, after performing very first eclipse compilation with a new aspectj compiler, i noticed few errors. they all had to do with "throws Exception" function entries where the actual exception was not being thrown. and while that helped me clean up some entries where that was the case, it has created problems with some of my abstract classes. some of those classes define functions that contain "throws MyException" entries, yet do not actually throw it. their purpose, of course, is to be overridden by child classes that would be throwing that very exception. eclipse's default compiler did not seem to mind, yet this aspectj compiler does. please let me know what i am doing wrong and/or what can be done about this. i can definitely get around this via the use of interfaces, yet i do not feel that such is appropriate since eclipse's default compiler did not complain.

thank you!
Re: AJDT compiler results in errors [message #784019 is a reply to message #783613] Thu, 26 January 2012 23:56 Go to previous message
Andrew Eisenberg is currently offline Andrew EisenbergFriend
I need to see a code snippet to have any comments. Also, you are using a very old version of the compiler. We are not actively making any changes to it. I'd suggest that you upgrade to Eclipse 3.7. The problem you are having may already have been addressed.
Previous Topic:AJ Builder for existing class files? (to weave non-Java sources)
Next Topic:Circular advice precedence - how to?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:18:44 GMT 2024