Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » menu and toolbar enable/disable inconsistent
menu and toolbar enable/disable inconsistent [message #783157] Wed, 25 January 2012 07:26
Missing name Missing name is currently offline Missing name Missing nameFriend
i have a very simple rcp application built and running in eclipse 3.5. it creates an EditorPart tab for each opened file. it also contains a ViewPart to serve as properties tab, and an error log tab. the EditorPart has a contributor which creates a few actions in its constructor, and then populates menu bar and toolbar with those actions via contributeToMenu() and contributeToToolbar(), respectively, every time new EditorPart tab is opened. pretty simple and straight forward, nothing fancy.
here is the problem. when i have one or more of EditorPart instances opened, the menu and toolbar properly show the actions. however, when i click off onto the properties ViewPart or an error log view, all the menu items become disabled while the toolbar entries do not. since the actions pertain to EditorPart, i like the menu disabling behavior when none of the EditorPart instances are selected. what i do not like is the fact that the menu's toolbar counterparts do not get disabled. please let me know what am i doing wrong. thank you!!!

[Updated on: Thu, 26 January 2012 23:24]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Disable password recovery prompt
Next Topic:Export Product with Delta Pack Fails
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:43:25 GMT 2024