Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » SWTBot » GEF editor returns "The graphical viewer is null"(GEF editor)
GEF editor returns "The graphical viewer is null" [message #783132] Wed, 25 January 2012 05:56 Go to next message
Ramesh D is currently offline Ramesh DFriend
Hi,

I am a QA engineer with experience on other UI based functional testing tool. Just now found SWTBot to be very useful in creating my tests for my application which is eclipse based. I was able to identify most of the widgets but i am unable to identify the GEF editor i get an error message saying "The graphical viewer is null".

when i try to eclipse spy on my object i get the following info on the editor.

//Shell/-1//Composite/4//Composite/0//Composite/10//Composite/2//Composite/0//InfaCTabFolder/0//Composite/0//Canvas/0

which seems to be a canvas.

i get the error when i am executing the below statement on the editor which has the name as "demo".

bot.gefEditor("demo").close();

Can any please help me with this?

below is the stack trace. also attached the snapshot of the editor.

org.eclipse.swtbot.swt.finder.exceptions.WidgetNotFoundException: The graphical viewer is null.
at org.eclipse.swtbot.eclipse.gef.finder.widgets.SWTBotGefViewer.<init>(SWTBotGefViewer.java:79)
at org.eclipse.swtbot.eclipse.gef.finder.widgets.SWTBotGefEditor.<init>(SWTBotGefEditor.java:65)
at org.eclipse.swtbot.eclipse.gef.finder.SWTGefBot.createEditor(SWTGefBot.java:70)
at org.eclipse.swtbot.eclipse.gef.finder.SWTGefBot.gefEditor(SWTGefBot.java:60)
at org.eclipse.swtbot.eclipse.gef.finder.SWTGefBot.gefEditor(SWTGefBot.java:42)
at Myfirst.testcloseWelcomeWizard(Myfirst.java:142)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(TestCase.java:168)
at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:134)
at org.eclipse.swtbot.swt.finder.SWTBotTestCase.runBare(SWTBotTestCase.java:228)
at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:110)
at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:128)
at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:113)
at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:124)
at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:232)
at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:227)
at org.junit.internal.runners.JUnit38ClassRunner.run(JUnit38ClassRunner.java:79)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit4.runner.JUnit4TestReference.run(JUnit4TestReference.java:46)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:467)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:683)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:390)
at org.eclipse.swtbot.eclipse.core.RemotePluginTestRunner.main(RemotePluginTestRunner.java:64)
at org.eclipse.swtbot.eclipse.core.UITestApplication.runTests(UITestApplication.java:117)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.testing.WorkbenchTestable$1.run(WorkbenchTestable.java:71)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

[Updated on: Wed, 25 January 2012 05:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: GEF editor returns &quot;The graphical viewer is null&quot; [message #783345 is a reply to message #783132] Wed, 25 January 2012 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mickael Istria is currently offline Mickael IstriaFriend

bot.getEditor expects as argument the label of the editor like you can
read on the tab of the editor.
In general, a screenshot is very helpful when it comes to guessing why
SWTBot cannot find something.

--
http://mickaelistria.wordpress.com
http://twitter.com/#!/mickaelistria
http://www.petalslink.com
Re: GEF editor returns &quot;The graphical viewer is null&quot; [message #784160 is a reply to message #783345] Fri, 27 January 2012 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Mickael,

Thanks for the help. But i still give the same name as on the editor tab o even using the SWTBotGefEditor bot.gefEditor(bot.activeEditor().getTitle()); does lead to the same error.

Ramesh
Re: GEF editor returns &quot;The graphical viewer is null&quot; [message #793566 is a reply to message #784160] Wed, 08 February 2012 09:45 Go to previous message
I have attached the snapshot.

Thanks
Ramesh
  • Attachment: Untitled.jpg
    (Size: 516.02KB, Downloaded 281 times)
Previous Topic:Failed to generate keyboard layout
Next Topic:[SWTBotEditor] Can not doubleclick on cell element
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:36:48 GMT 2024