Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Disable password recovery prompt(the password recovery prompt only shows up in buckminster builds)
Disable password recovery prompt [message #783121] Wed, 25 January 2012 05:13
David Missing name is currently offline David Missing nameFriend
Hi

We have added network preferences to our application, and managed to stop the master password prompt from being displayed. But we still have the issue of the password recovery prompt showing up after setting authentication details in the proxy settings. The reason we don't want these prompts showing up is that we don't want to confuse our user base with unnecessary prompts.

The prompts don't show up in the developer environment, nor do they show up in builds exported using the export option in eclipse. But the all important buckminster build which is the one we release continues to have this issue.

The last step I did to remove the prompt from the eclipse export was to add a dummy text file (dummy in that it is just an arbitrary text file added by us) to the run configuration
-eclipse.password 
path/to/text.file.txt

I thought that I had it at this point, but after building with jenkins, and testing out saving the authentication details, the password recovery prompt came up, very annoying indeed. I also tried adding the code from this post into the Application.start() method as well as the ApplicationWorkbenchAdvisor.postStartup() method to no effect.

Is there anything else I can try?

Forgot to mention: we are using Eclipse 3.5 32 bit building for Windows 32 bit.

David

[Updated on: Wed, 25 January 2012 05:29]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:User specific Layout Changes in RCP
Next Topic:menu and toolbar enable/disable inconsistent
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 00:57:54 GMT 2024