Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Newbie Help: "Launch failed. Binary not found." for c++ on Mac OS X 10.7 Eclipse Indigo
Newbie Help: "Launch failed. Binary not found." for c++ on Mac OS X 10.7 Eclipse Indigo [message #783109] Wed, 25 January 2012 04:31 Go to next message
John Richter is currently offline John RichterFriend
Here is a screenshot of the problem: imgur.com/e2h2Z (i'm not allowed to post links as a new member)

Hi, I've seen a few threads on this very topic, but either the suggestions didn't work for me or they were too vague for me to understand.

I downloaded the C++ developer tools through eclipse and installed, and I'm trying to run the Hello World program that it comes with. I get the above error when I try to run. I have tried adding the -arch i386 flag to the linker and compiler to no avail. Finally, I made sure the mach-o 64 parser was checked.

I'm really stumped. I can run the program perfectly fine through command line with g++ as well as xcode. There is no output to the console at all when I try to run it.

Thanks.

[Updated on: Wed, 25 January 2012 04:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Newbie Help: "Launch failed. Binary not found." for c++ on Mac OS X 10.7 Eclipse Indig [message #785221 is a reply to message #783109] Sat, 28 January 2012 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klaus km is currently offline Klaus kmFriend
Have you selected the correct binary parser?
http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.cdt.doc.user%2Ftasks%2Fcdt_t_proj_parser.htm

As far as I know Mac needs Mach-O Parser...

Regards,
Klaus

Re: Newbie Help: "Launch failed. Binary not found." for c++ on Mac OS X 10.7 Eclipse Indig [message #785226 is a reply to message #785221] Sat, 28 January 2012 17:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yup, using the mach-o 64 parser.
Re: Newbie Help: "Launch failed. Binary not found." for c++ on Mac OS X 10.7 Eclipse Indig [message #785248 is a reply to message #785226] Sat, 28 January 2012 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klaus km is currently offline Klaus kmFriend
Did you build test.cpp within Eclipse? On the screen shot I miss some generated folders:

Press CTRL+B (or however this key is called on a Mac). After a successfully build you should see a folder "Debug" or "Release" in the Project Explorer view and a virtual Folder Binaries. Now right click on one of the binaries and select Run as > Local C/C++ Application.

Regards,
Klaus

Re: Newbie Help: "Launch failed. Binary not found." for c++ on Mac OS X 10.7 Eclipse Indig [message #785253 is a reply to message #785248] Sat, 28 January 2012 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow. That was it. Embarrassed

I assumed that the "play" button both built AND run. In Xcode it does both.

THANKS!!!!

Laughing

Re: Newbie Help: "Launch failed. Binary not found." for c++ on Mac OS X 10.7 Eclipse Indig [message #993738 is a reply to message #785248] Tue, 25 December 2012 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nwe Nwe Htay Win is currently offline Nwe Nwe Htay WinFriend
Hello, I use Eclipse Juno on Ubuntu 12.10. I also found error in "Launch Failed, Binary not found",although I run the C and C++ file with run as local C/C++ Application. How to fix the problem. I'm fledling for all Ubuntu, and C. So, hope any help and will be appreciated for it.
Re: Newbie Help: "Launch failed. Binary not found." for c++ on Mac OS X 10.7 Eclipse Indig [message #1600149 is a reply to message #785248] Wed, 04 February 2015 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ning Zhou is currently offline Ning ZhouFriend
Yes, this is how I resolved my problem.

I have a maverick.

I already tried to install the new common line tool from the Apple App Developer. It didn't work even if I chose MAC GCC.

I checked if I have my GCC. I have it. This is command is quite powerful.
Re: Newbie Help: "Launch failed. Binary not found." for c++ on Mac OS X 10.7 Eclipse Indig [message #1600150 is a reply to message #785248] Wed, 04 February 2015 03:55 Go to previous message
Ning Zhou is currently offline Ning ZhouFriend
Just use Command+B, and you can build all of them without knowing the binary files.

You should check if you have gcc with this command:

sudo ln -s /usr/bin/gcc

the result should be

ln: ./gcc: File exists

If needed, you also need to download Command Line Tools, but I don't see it is needed.
Previous Topic:eclipse luna cdt not work on mac
Next Topic:Saving build order in git using eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 20:32:29 GMT 2024