Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Find Eclipse java build command(How to find the command Eclipse uses to build project)
icon5.gif  Find Eclipse java build command [message #782654] Tue, 24 January 2012 06:43 Go to next message
Oscar Parker is currently offline Oscar ParkerFriend
I am wondering how to find the exact command used by Eclipse to build my java project. It is set on the build automatically setting and this works fine so I do not want to change it but (for integration into jenkins, the CI server) I want to find out the build command used instead of reverse-engineering it because I foresee much time wasted in that endeavour. Is there any way to do this without just constructing one from my parameters? Thanks.
Re: Find Eclipse java build command [message #783538 is a reply to message #782654] Wed, 25 January 2012 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
Sorry, but it's not that simple. I'm assuming you're not using Maven for your project definition, or you probably wouldn't be asking this question. Most straightforward applications are a breeze to build with Maven, and the integration with Eclipse makes it even easier to manage. If you're forced to use Ant, you've got a struggle to get through.
Re: Find Eclipse java build command [message #784090 is a reply to message #783538] Fri, 27 January 2012 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satyam Kandula is currently offline Satyam KandulaFriend
Right click on the Project and select Export and then select Ant Buildfiles. This will generate an ant build file. You could use this ant build file to build the project outside Eclipse.
Re: Find Eclipse java build command [message #784107 is a reply to message #784090] Fri, 27 January 2012 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You are right, it was silly of me to think that it would be that straightforward. I'll check out Ant, it sounds perfect for the extendable and extensible server/dev setup I'm looking for.
Re: Find Eclipse java build command [message #784182 is a reply to message #784107] Fri, 27 January 2012 06:46 Go to previous message
Great, I'm using Ant, I added the generated build.xml to the git repository and linked to it in jenkins, then told it to build the target of the project name. apart from errors of not finding java3d on the ubuntu server, it works fine. thanks everyone.
Previous Topic:Import IntelliJ project into Eclipse
Next Topic:WebSphere deployment problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:02:27 GMT 2024