Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » M2M (model-to-model transformation) » [ATL] __xmiID__ values on output elements change after executing the transformation(Problem saving ids of output elements in other output model)
[ATL] __xmiID__ values on output elements change after executing the transformation [message #782177] Mon, 23 January 2012 09:57 Go to next message
Alvaro Jimenez Rielo is currently offline Alvaro Jimenez RieloFriend
Hi everyone,

I have an ATL transformation which generates two output models (mB and mC) from an input model (mA). These models are conformed to metamodels MB, MC and MA, respectively.
(I realize that the problem doesn't appears when MA, MB and MC are directly conformed to Ecore Metamodel.)

Since I must save the ids of B's elements into model C, I have a rule like this:

rule example {
	from 
		element_input: A!Element
	to
		element_out1: B!Element(
			name <- element_input.name
		),
		element_out2: C!Element(
			name <- element_input.name,
			id <- element_out1.__xmiID__
		)
} 

I have checked that during the transformation (even using a endpoint rule), the ids of output model B returned by __xmiID__ are like "/0","/1" ... "/N".
However, after executing the transformation, these ids are like "/0/@element.0", "/0/@element.1"..."/N/@element.N". Therefore, after executing the transformation,
the ids I have in model C are not equal than ids I have in model B.

Could someone help me to solve this problem to generate the ids of output elements?

I use the following versions:
ATL: 3.2.0
EMF: 2.6.1
Eclipse: 3.6.1

Thanks in advance,
Álvaro
Re: [ATL] __xmiID__ values on output elements change after executing the transformation [message #782724 is a reply to message #782177] Tue, 24 January 2012 09:52 Go to previous message
Alvaro Jimenez Rielo is currently offline Alvaro Jimenez RieloFriend
Nobody knows why this problem happens or how could I solve it? Sad

Previous Topic:Invalid results while using minus operator in ATL
Next Topic:Bidirectional M2M Transformations using Eclipse EMF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:58:51 GMT 2024