Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Source Formatting(Tweak php source formating)
Source Formatting [message #781540] Sat, 21 January 2012 15:36 Go to next message
Jose Hernandez is currently offline Jose HernandezFriend
Currently if I have an embedded php tag in html and source format the page, it moves the embedded tag if the tag is a h1,h2, etc.. LI seems find.

Not sure where to go to stop this from happening.

<h1><?php echo "test"; ?></h1>
becomes
<h1>

<?php echo "test";?>
<h1>

if I hit format again it will add another line:
<h1>

<?php echo "test";?>
<h1>

Thanks.
Re: Source Formatting [message #781699 is a reply to message #781540] Sun, 22 January 2012 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
If you are using latest PDT (eclipse3.7.x+pdt3.0.0), it is a major bug of pdt3.0.0.
There is a newer package having bugfixed and new bugs, see http://www.eclipse.org/pdt/downloads/ (=>http://code.google.com/p/zend-sdk/downloads/list) and try it.

---
atlanto
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/atlanto/
Re: Source Formatting [message #781898 is a reply to message #781699] Sun, 22 January 2012 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sergey Solyanik is currently offline Sergey SolyanikFriend
Toshihiro Izumi wrote on Sat, 21 January 2012 21:18

There is a newer package having bugfixed and new bugs, see www.eclipse.org/pdt/downloads/ (=>code.google.com/p/zend-sdk/downloads/list) and try it.

How can I install/update/integrate them into my existing Eclipse Indigo?
Re: Source Formatting [message #782120 is a reply to message #781898] Mon, 23 January 2012 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
?
>How can I install/update/integrate them into my existing Eclipse Indigo?
What's the question? Are there any difficulties? Why you can or cannot?
Eclipse doesn't need to be installed. It is portable. You can download the all-in-one package and extract it anywhere(but must have write permission). Start Eclipse and create new workspace and then import projects from old workspace into new one with copying option. When you confirmed there is no problem, delete old projects,workspace,eclipse.
Re: Source Formatting [message #782128 is a reply to message #782120] Mon, 23 January 2012 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toshihiro Izumi wrote on Mon, 23 January 2012 03:03
?
>How can I install/update/integrate them into my existing Eclipse Indigo?
What's the question? Are there any difficulties? Why you can or cannot?
Eclipse doesn't need to be installed. It is portable. You can download the all-in-one package and extract it anywhere(but must have write permission). Start Eclipse and create new workspace and then import projects from old workspace into new one with copying option. When you confirmed there is no problem, delete old projects,workspace,eclipse.

I just want to update my existing Eclipse Indigo PDT plugin to the latest available, I do not want to install another Eclipse from scratch and do all setup and downloads of SVN/Git/etc./Xdebug stuff again.
Is there is a possibility to do this?
I've asked about this here - www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/277791/ but got no answer. Is anyone happy with fact that official download page for Eclipse PDT have very buggy release? After a lot of googling seem like that.
Re: Source Formatting [message #783131 is a reply to message #782128] Wed, 25 January 2012 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
>I just want to update my existing Eclipse Indigo PDT plugin to the latest available, I do not want to install another Eclipse from scratch and do all setup and downloads of SVN/Git/etc./Xdebug stuff again.
>Is there is a possibility to do this?
No.

>I've asked about this here - www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/277791/ but got no answer. Is anyone happy with fact that official download page for Eclipse PDT have very buggy release? After a lot of googling seem like that.
That's the PDT. PDT team don't maintain any released version.
You know any latest available is buggy. Every new version comes with new bugs. If you want to get bugfixed and new bugs, you can update/degrade your installation by using Nightly build.(Note that it is under developing/under construction/...)
https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/cbi-pdt-3.0-indigo/
I don't recommend since I don't think it will never damage your working installation, and it is not for users.
Again, there is no update for PDT users.
Re: Source Formatting [message #783166 is a reply to message #783131] Wed, 25 January 2012 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toshihiro Izumi wrote on Wed, 25 January 2012 00:55
That's the PDT. PDT team don't maintain any released version.
[...]
hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/cbi-pdt-3.0-indigo/
I don't recommend since I don't think it will never damage your working installation, and it is not for users.
Again, there is no update for PDT users.

Thank you very much!
Re: Source Formatting [message #888752 is a reply to message #783166] Mon, 18 June 2012 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Palmer Eldritch is currently offline Palmer EldritchFriend
http: sourceforge.jp/users/atlanto/pf/eclipse/files/?id=477 - for whoever spent as much time as me

eclipse-kepler JEE
Win7 x64
Re: Source Formatting [message #894195 is a reply to message #888752] Sat, 07 July 2012 13:40 Go to previous message
Robert Gruendler is currently offline Robert GruendlerFriend
Palmer Eldritch wrote on Mon, 18 June 2012 11:26
http: sourceforge.jp/users/atlanto/pf/eclipse/files/?id=477 - for whoever spent as much time as me

fyi: I've ported the formatter into my pdt extensions plugin, which has an updatesite to ease the installation: https://github.com/pulse00/PDT-Extensions
Previous Topic:When I drag a file in the PHP Explorer (to move it), why does Eclipse ask for the destination again?
Next Topic:How to Set Up Debugger on PDT 3.0.2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 14:59:38 GMT 2024