Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » [Resolved] Problems opening an editor. Project does not exist.(Getting an exception upon trying any of the code tools)
icon9.gif  [Resolved] Problems opening an editor. Project does not exist. [message #781138] Fri, 20 January 2012 16:51 Go to next message
That Guy is currently offline That GuyFriend
Hey all. I have a slight problem with Eclipse that I cannot seem to work out or resolve via google searching.

I have a project checked out from SVN in Eclipse via Subclipse. The check out went well and I am able to build via ant with no issues. The problem arises when I attempt to traverse the code via built-in functions, e.g. 'Open Declaration'. Selecting a variable or class name and pressing 'Open Declaration' pops up an exception message with the following text:
Quote:
Problems opening editor.
Reason: [project name] does not exist

[project name] is always the top-level name of my project, regardless of what it is.

I have now tried this (checking out and building) a few times and the results are always the same: it builds, but no dice on browsing the code. Any help to resolve or troubleshoot this issue would be greatly appreciated! Smile

Version info:
Eclipse: Indigo Service Release 1
Subversion Client Adapter: 1.8.0
Subversion JavaHL Native Library Adapter: 1.7.2
Subclipse: 1.8.4

[Updated on: Fri, 20 January 2012 17:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problems opening an editor. Project does not exist. [message #781146 is a reply to message #781138] Fri, 20 January 2012 17:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That Guy is currently offline That GuyFriend
So I have resolved the issue by checking out the project via "New Project Wizard". Embarrassed
It wasn't an Eclipse project in SVN, so when checked out via "Existing Project", none of the project functionality could work.
icon6.gif  Re: Problems opening an editor. Project does not exist. [message #927693 is a reply to message #781146] Sat, 29 September 2012 23:49 Go to previous message
naseem mohammed is currently offline naseem mohammedFriend
thank you.
Previous Topic:Eclipse crashes on StartUp
Next Topic:eclipse does not start
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:56:30 GMT 2024