Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Wazaabi » Status of the Project
Status of the Project [message #780758] Thu, 19 January 2012 10:11 Go to next message
Tom Seidel is currently offline Tom SeidelFriend
Hi Wazaabi Team,

I'm currently evaluating different ui frameworks with a declarative description of the Widgets and Wazaabi seems to satisfy my requirements. I want to use this for rendering a declarative UI in Equinox+SWT and Felix+Android, so I wanted to ask if there is a roadmap for the project, in the first place I miss several widgets in the core-model (like Table, Trees, Images, etc.).

In addition I wanted to ask if other renderes than SWT are available (couldn't find something else in CVS).

Tom

Re: Status of the Project [message #781357 is a reply to message #780758] Sat, 21 January 2012 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olivier Moises is currently offline Olivier MoisesFriend
Tom,

At the moment the code hosted in eclipse cvs does not cover the whole SWT widgets set. Wazaabi will be soon hosted under git under eclipse.org.
In wazaabi, some common widgets, like Tree, Tables or even Tab/TabFolder are not explicitely present like in SWT.
For instance, we use a single object called 'collection' with different look and feels for Table, Tree or Combo.
Wazaabi assumption is that a Table is a Tree without hierarchy and a Combobox a Table (or a Listbox) whose only one item is displayed at once.
Collections support input, selection, refresh ...
I will put on the wiki examples as soon as possible.

The roadmap for the project is not well defined yet but we plan a 100% coverage of SWT capabilities, a declarative databinding and a tree based editor (not the EMF one) before april 2012.

Regarding Felix + Android, I can say that wazaabi has been designed from the beginning to be independant of equinox. In OSGI mode, it uses only OSGI API. It exists also a non-OGSI mode, in that case of course, dynamic additions of services are not supported.
I did not test wazaabi with other OSGI platforms and will really be interested by a such approach.

Regarding other rendered, a proof of concept has been made for SWING years ago with a container, a button and a textfield. This source code has not been hosted in CVS because it was based on a previous version of wazaabi and has not been updated (lack of time).
From this Proof of Concept, another one has been created under GWT. In that case, reflexion and osgi has not been used so only a subset of the renderer has been tested.
Both of those works are more than one year old.

Olivier

Re: Status of the Project [message #782171 is a reply to message #781357] Mon, 23 January 2012 09:44 Go to previous message
Tom Seidel is currently offline Tom SeidelFriend
Olivier,

Thanks for the infos. I'm looking forward for a more complete model-definition (Tables or "Collections" would be important). I remember I have already seen a the e4-contact demo described by the Wazaabi EMF Model, which already has a table..

Tom
Next Topic:Wazaabi Project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 18:12:40 GMT 2024