Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » JFace » How to stop cell editing in ColumnViewer?
How to stop cell editing in ColumnViewer? [message #780746] Thu, 19 January 2012 09:37 Go to next message
Jan Rosczak is currently offline Jan RosczakFriend
I have a treeviewer, with three columns and I have enabled cell editing by using EditingSupport. There is a method "cancelEditing" in the TreeViewer (actually ColumnViewer) class, but what if I want to stop editing, that is close cell editor and apply editor value? The applyEditorValue method in the class ColumnViewerEditor is protected and therefore not usable, any reason why?

I am using Eclipse SDK 3.7.0 on Windows XP.

Thanks
Jan Rosczak
Re: How to stop cell editing in ColumnViewer? [message #871672 is a reply to message #780746] Mon, 14 May 2012 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roberto Sanchez Herrera is currently offline Roberto Sanchez HerreraFriend
Hello Jan,
Did you find a solution for your problem? I have the same problem.
Re: How to stop cell editing in ColumnViewer? [message #889374 is a reply to message #871672] Tue, 19 June 2012 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jan Krakora is currently offline Jan KrakoraFriend
Hi Roberto,

did you try to set focus on another control and then back to the columnViewer?
Re: How to stop cell editing in ColumnViewer? [message #889708 is a reply to message #889374] Tue, 19 June 2012 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roberto Sanchez Herrera is currently offline Roberto Sanchez HerreraFriend
Hi Jan,
I was trying to create a work around for an issue in Eclipse for MAC OS, but fortunately the original problem was already fixed in the platform, so I do not need to fix this any longer.
But if I face this problem in the future again, I will try your suggestion
Thank you.
Re: How to stop cell editing in ColumnViewer? [message #892347 is a reply to message #889708] Wed, 27 June 2012 20:30 Go to previous message
Timur Achmetow is currently offline Timur AchmetowFriend
If you using EditingSupport it supports the method "canEditing", here you have to return a false. It deactivates the editing.
Previous Topic:How to display a button in SWT tableviewer using LabelProvider/ContentProvider
Next Topic:Where/How can I post my improvement suggestion
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 15:34:44 GMT 2024