Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » resizing problems(cannot resize anything but the main container)
resizing problems [message #780518] Wed, 18 January 2012 12:32 Go to next message
andrew schlaich is currently offline andrew schlaichFriend
When i create a JButton, a JLabel, any sort of widget or component--i can't resize it. This is true for applications i've designed and been able to do this with in the past, and for brand new ones. I've even made a blank class by extending JPanel. I figured a new version might have caused the issue since i was running on helios, but after upgrading to indigo i still have the same issue.

In any case, i can resize the main JPanel area where things get put, but anything that i put on the panel after that cannot be resized.

Why can't i resize components?
Re: resizing problems [message #780545 is a reply to message #780518] Wed, 18 January 2012 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
What layout manager are you using?

BTW, it is always a good idea to post an actual test case.
Re: resizing problems [message #780682 is a reply to message #780545] Thu, 19 January 2012 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't think there's a way to post a test case here - it happens with every class i have. As for layout manager, i'm afraid i'm too new at eclipse to understand the question. Is it something i can change that would effect how things work?
Re: resizing problems [message #780697 is a reply to message #780682] Thu, 19 January 2012 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
Lots of folks post test cases here...just use copy/paste.

If you don't know what a layout manager is, I would strongly suggest learning a bit more about Swing before using WindowBuilder (it expects you to understand Swing and to know what a layout manager is).

Different layout managers will impose different constraints on your widgets. Some will allow you to set the size while others will calculate the size for you.
Re: resizing problems [message #780781 is a reply to message #780697] Thu, 19 January 2012 11:07 Go to previous message
Ah. How embarassing. The layout had been set to GroupLayout in the initComponents() functions by default. Thanks for helping me catch that.
Previous Topic:Compiler classpath is not being picked up in IvyIDE project
Next Topic:Add WindowBuilder TabItem at Runtime
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:00:43 GMT 2024