Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Create a new plug-in that contributes to WindowBuilder
Create a new plug-in that contributes to WindowBuilder [message #779704] Mon, 16 January 2012 11:07 Go to next message
Mohamed Aly is currently offline Mohamed AlyFriend
I would like to create an eclipse plugin that adds a new category and a component in the palette. For example I just implemented a simple extension of JLabel and I would like it to be added to the palette. The expected output is once I load this plugin, the standard palette of WindowBuilder will include my new component. Which extension points should I use? Which classes should I implement ? Do I need to have any other configurations ? I would really appreciate it if someone could point me through a "framework" or steps I can follow to realize this. I have already tried to follow a document I found that describes how to add new components (but without success).

Re: Create a new plug-in that contributes to WindowBuilder [message #779761 is a reply to message #779704] Mon, 16 January 2012 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
This is covered in the New Components Tutorial.

WB is also open source, so it provides hundreds of examples of how to do this within its own code base.
Re: Create a new plug-in that contributes to WindowBuilder [message #779790 is a reply to message #779761] Mon, 16 January 2012 15:13 Go to previous message
Mohamed Aly is currently offline Mohamed AlyFriend
Thank you for your reply. Could you kindly recommend a simple example that I could perhaps import and see ?

Cheers !

Mohamed
Previous Topic:Error when using addComponentListener in a getter
Next Topic:How to prevent WindowBuilder from making a child components children editable?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:26:08 GMT 2024