Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » Team -> Share Project is not working for some projects
Team -> Share Project is not working for some projects [message #778689] Fri, 13 January 2012 16:34 Go to next message
Mark Himsley is currently offline Mark HimsleyFriend
I have some projects that are checked out of SVN by another tool.

I am now editing the projects in Eclipse, by importing them with "File -> Import -> Existing project...".

Now I want to check my updates back into SVN, I go to "Team -> Share Project", and select "SVN" to make Eclipse recognise that this is an SVN project, and Eclipse does not offer to re-attach to the project's SVN server. Instead it wants me to do an initial check in. I don't get the "Use Project settings" option.

What could be the problem? I though that just a valid set of .svn/ folders in the root of the project was enough to allow Eclipse to "re-connect" to the SVN server.

For now I'm checking my updates back in without using Eclipse, but that is a bind. Can I turn on more logging to discover why Eclipse is not wanting to share this SVN project?

Thanks.

--
Mark
Re: Team -> Share Project is not working for some projects [message #779054 is a reply to message #778689] Sat, 14 January 2012 14:47 Go to previous message
Mark Himsley is currently offline Mark HimsleyFriend
I have discovered my own resolution. The SVN Connector was set to SVN version 1.5.6.
Changing the SVN Connector to SVN version 1.6.2 allowed Eclipse to "re-connect" to the SVN server.
Previous Topic:0.7.9.I20111119-1700 is broken
Next Topic:Asymetric behavior in branch and merge?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:31:27 GMT 2024