Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » [ETL] Specify metamodels in transformation for content assist/validation
[ETL] Specify metamodels in transformation for content assist/validation [message #778593] Fri, 13 January 2012 13:00 Go to next message
Jens von Pilgrim is currently offline Jens von PilgrimFriend
Hi,

is it possible to somehow specify the metamodels in an ETL
transformation, e.g., for enabling content assist? Does the ETL editor
support content assist (of metamodel related information)? That is, show
attributes of a model element?

Does the editor validates the transformation, anyway? Do I have to add a
nature to the project for that (and if, how)?

Cheers,
Jens

P.S. I've installed Epsilon Core and HUTN 0.9.1. (Note: Core depends on
HUTN, which apparently isn't configured in the p2 metadata, is it?).
Re: [ETL] Specify metamodels in transformation for content assist/validation [message #778614 is a reply to message #778593] Fri, 13 January 2012 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Jens,

ETL is a dynamically-typed language and as such the editor does not support metamodel-driven code completion or validation.

Regarding the Core->HUTN dependency, I'll need to check this and get back to you.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: [ETL] Specify metamodels in transformation for content assist/validation [message #1064974 is a reply to message #778614] Sat, 22 June 2013 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gaëtan Pruvost is currently offline Gaëtan PruvostFriend
Hi Dimitri ,

Sorry to dig up this topic but I share the same need as Jens regarding code completion.

I understand that ETL is dynamically-typed but that doesn't mean that the editor can't help us typing (if we give him enough info). In the ATL plugin I previously tried, you could set a few commented annotations in the header of the file.

Something like:
// @Model( model1 : my.model.uri/mm1.ecore )
// @Model( model2 : my.model.uri/mm2.ecore )
// @Model( model3 : my.model.uri/mm3.ecore )

No matter what was feeded to the script at runtime, this was just here to help the editor provide usefull tooltips/code completion. I think most people already write such kinds of comments at the top of their ETL scripts. Letting the editor understand them (without changing anything to the ETL language itself) would be a great user interface improvement.

Does it seem feasible to include such a feature?

Thanks and congrats for this great tool!
Re: [ETL] Specify metamodels in transformation for content assist/validation [message #1065126 is a reply to message #1064974] Mon, 24 June 2013 13:06 Go to previous message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Gaëtan,

Thanks for your feedback. We're currently working on adding support for static analysis to all languages in Epsilon so we should be able to support code completion in the, not too distant, future.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Previous Topic:Generating a new ecore model + diagram from existing one
Next Topic:[ETL] Generated model can't be read or modified
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 13:50:38 GMT 2024