Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Lua Development Tools » Debugging wxLua programs
Debugging wxLua programs [message #778505] Thu, 12 January 2012 22:35 Go to next message
Milind Gupta is currently offline Milind GuptaFriend
Hi,
I am trying to debug wxLua program using LDT. The 1st thing I had to do is to change the extension from wlua to lua for proper syntax highlighting to work properly. Another thing is that during debugging the breakpoint doesn't show on the source. That is if the program is halted at a particular line it doesn't show in the code window, it tries opening a new window and that window is blank saying

dbgp source lookup

and nothing else.

Single stepping and breakpoints all work but the only indication of the position is the line number displayed in the debug window and the changing variables in the watch window.

I even changed the extension to .lua but still the same problem. Only thing is that to launch the wxlua script I have to use the wxlua executable instead of the lua executable, is this causing this problem?

Thanks,
Milind
Re: Debugging wxLua programs [message #778510 is a reply to message #778505] Thu, 12 January 2012 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin Cabé is currently offline Benjamin CabéFriend

Hi,

What is the command line you are using to launch your program?

Regarding the wlua extension, isn't the default extension for wxLua programs ".wx.lua"?

Re: Debugging wxLua programs [message #778513 is a reply to message #778510] Fri, 13 January 2012 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
At the command line I was typing this:

wxlua -e "require('debugger')()" Prog.lua

The extension was .wx.wlua, I changed it to .wx.lua to make highlighting work then I changed it to just .lua to see if debugging worked.
Then I did some more testing. It seemed that it did not like the path of my program. The program was deep in a directory and it was not inside a src directory. Now I shifted it to the default workspace in the src directory as a new Lua project is created and it is working now. I still have to see if its the src directory thing or a deep path that causes the problem.
Re: Debugging wxLua programs [message #778516 is a reply to message #778513] Fri, 13 January 2012 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I checked and it is not the src directory, it just didn't like the old path. The old path was on my USB stick with a FAT32 partition while this is on the main hard disk ubuntu. I don't know if that made any difference.
Re: Debugging wxLua programs [message #791995 is a reply to message #778516] Mon, 06 February 2012 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon Bernard is currently offline Simon BernardFriend
Hi,
I test our debugger with a wxlua vm with my windows 7, and I'm not able to add breakpoint.
I open a bug.
Can you reproduce your problem when you check "break on first line" in your debug configuration?
Simon.
Re: Debugging wxLua programs [message #792991 is a reply to message #791995] Tue, 07 February 2012 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon Bernard is currently offline Simon BernardFriend
The bug should be fixed now. (I test it under windows and I'm able to debug the dialog.wx.lua sample)

If you want to retry, you could get our last version of lua dbgp client.

Hope this will help Wink
Re: Debugging wxLua programs [message #891770 is a reply to message #792991] Mon, 25 June 2012 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
Strangely after all this time I am again having that same problem:

Quote:

during debugging the breakpoint doesn't show on the source. That is if the program is halted at a particular line it doesn't show in the code window, it tries opening a new window and that window is blank saying

dbgp source lookup

and nothing else.

Single stepping and breakpoints all work but the only indication of the position is the line number displayed in the debug window and the changing variables in the watch window.

Now the code only seems to work if the code directory is in the root path! I downloaded and installed the most recent LDT and also the Debugger files but still the same problem. I am not sure what changed suddenly since everything was working fine just a day back.
Re: Debugging wxLua programs [message #892221 is a reply to message #891770] Wed, 27 June 2012 12:42 Go to previous message
Benjamin Cabé is currently offline Benjamin CabéFriend

Hello Milind,

This is weird... Can you please open a bug so as we can have a look? Please also include the version of LDT you are using.

Thank you!

Previous Topic:Koneki doesn't open lua scripts in RH Linux
Next Topic:LDT code analysis and code assistance is not working
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:03:28 GMT 2024