Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » "Getting more records or rows with data which are not generated in Birt designer preview."(Cutom report created using Birt Design Api giving more number of records or data or rows while deployed to server side coding.)
"Getting more records or rows with data which are not generated in Birt designer preview." [message #778279] Thu, 12 January 2012 06:15 Go to next message
kishore G is currently offline kishore GFriend
Hi,

I would like to Thank one and all for their great efforts and concerns for one's problems in Birt.

I am facing problem while getting data after executing my custom report after deploying into server i.e executing using Birt-Report Engine api.

I have used "Design Engine api" to construct table with checking parameters inside my report design.

Here i am able to get exact result while preview in eclipse Birt perspective designer.

When the same report is deployed or executed from server side coding which uses "Birt-Report Engine api" i.e code to run and generate output from the report design.

Please find an attachment of my sample report which is very close to my problem, where i am getting different Number of rows for every execution of this same report in Birt Report preview.

Please suggest me, Where i am doing wrong or need to check.

Thanks in advance for your great concern.

Thanks
mkh
Re: "Getting more records or rows with data which are not generated in Birt designer previe [message #778410 is a reply to message #778279] Thu, 12 January 2012 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

Every time I run your sample report in the designer I get 121 rows. I
am not sure what you mean by you getting a different number of rows?

BTW in the designer the number of rows retrieved is limited by default.
You can change it in window->preferences->Report Design->Preview->Data

Jason

On 1/12/2012 1:15 AM, kishore G wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to Thank one and all for their great efforts and concerns for one's problems in Birt.
>
> I am facing problem while getting data after executing my custom report after deploying into server i.e executing using Birt-Report Engine api.
>
> I have used "Design Engine api" to construct table with checking parameters inside my report design.
>
> Here i am able to get exact result while preview in eclipse Birt perspective designer.
>
> When the same report is deployed or executed from server side coding which uses "Birt-Report Engine api" i.e code to run and generate output from the report design.
>
> Please find an attachment of my sample report which is very close to my problem, where i am getting different Number of rows for every execution of this same report in Birt Report preview.
>
> Please suggest me, Where i am doing wrong or need to check.
>
> Thanks in advance for your great concern.
>
> Thanks
> mkh
Re: "Getting more records or rows with data which are not generated in Birt designer previe [message #779719 is a reply to message #778410] Mon, 16 January 2012 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sam va is currently offline sam vaFriend
Hi Jason

Looks like there is an issue here. It is not reproducible in local eclipse environment.

We are using JNDI datasource connection by setting the JNDI URL programatically in beforeOpen of the datasource.
And running in server (weblogic) environment. We created a datasource and gave the same name in the report.
And in the report we are calling a stored procedure (oracle).
The stored procedure does some calculations and inserts data into a Global temporary table (this table is session specific). This data is returned to the report as a refcursor.

The problem is, some of the data to the report is coming from other sessions. ie lets say I run the report with params a,b. Let say it returns 12 rows. And if I run the report again with params c,d the report returns the previous results plus the current results.

Pl note the following
- We have been using the same stored proc with another reporting tool and has been in production from about a year. So there is no issue in the stored proc.
- we also enabled the log on the stored proc and noticed that, the previous results (of different session) are also getting pulled into this results.
- we have configured datasource on weblogic with 20 max connections.

May be when weblogic returns a DB connection to BIRT, BIRT is not closing the connection properly. we found this b'cos when we restart the server and run the report first couple of times, it runs with proper data being returned.

ENV
Weblogic 10
Oracle 10
BIRT 3.7

After getting to know this issue I have added the following statements in the beforeOpen of datasource

this.setExtensionProperty("odaAutoCommit", true);
this.setExtensionProperty("odaIsolationMode", "read-committed");

but still I see issues

Pl let me know if there is a known bug/issue around this.

Thanks
Re: "Getting more records or rows with data which are not generated in Birt designer previe [message #780121 is a reply to message #779719] Tue, 17 January 2012 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just an addition to the above

We modified the stored proc and added a line at the first to delete all the existing rows from the temp table.
Looks like the report is working fine.
But this fix is not an actual fix. There is something in BIRT itself, b'cos we are using another reporting tool and it works perfectly. Its been there in production for more than one year. We are migrating to BIRT now.

The question here is, why is BIRT not closing the connection/session properly when using a JNDI connection.

Is there a known bug/issue on this?

Thanks

[Updated on: Tue, 17 January 2012 11:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: "Getting more records or rows with data which are not generated in Birt designer pr [message #780388 is a reply to message #780121] Tue, 17 January 2012 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I am not sure this will help but could you
try adding the following to the beforeOpen of the data source:

reportContext.getAppContext().put("OdaJDBCDriverPassInConnectionCloseAfterUse",
true);

You may also want to look over this
bug:https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=282128

We may need to log another for this issue.

Jason

On 1/17/2012 3:23 AM, sam va wrote:
> Just an addition to the above
> We modified the stored proc and added a line at the first to delete all
> the existing rows from the temp table.
> Looks like the report is working fine.
> But this fix is not an actual fix. There is something in BIRT itself,
> b'cos we are using another reporting tool and it works perfectly. We are
> migrating to BIRT now.
>
> The question here is, why is BIRT not closing the connection/session
> properly when using a JNDI connection.
>
> Is there a known bug/issue on this?
>
> Thanks
Re: "Getting more records or rows with data which are not generated in Birt designer pr [message #780513 is a reply to message #780388] Wed, 18 January 2012 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tried it but still doesnt work as expected
Re: "Getting more records or rows with data which are not generated in Birt designe [message #780611 is a reply to message #780513] Wed, 18 January 2012 18:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Can you open a bugzilla entry for this?

Jason

On 1/18/2012 7:19 AM, sam va wrote:
> Tried it but still doesnt work as expected
Re: "Getting more records or rows with data which are not generated in Birt designe [message #782070 is a reply to message #780611] Mon, 23 January 2012 04:45 Go to previous message
looks like this is a weblogic / oracle issue

https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1123206

Nothing to do with BIRT
Previous Topic:BIRT reports security issue with database password (odaPassword)
Next Topic:OSGI platform failing to start
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:00:37 GMT 2024