Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » AUT could not be started, because no valid Java JRE was specified
AUT could not be started, because no valid Java JRE was specified [message #778253] Thu, 12 January 2012 00:24 Go to next message
Lars Heinemann is currently offline Lars HeinemannFriend

Hi,

I try to get my integration testing done when building the project with Jenkins/Hudson.
For that I am using the maven ant task plugin to execute the testexec application.
Everything works fine, the test suite is imported to the test db and when executing the test I get the error

[exec] Wed Jan 11 23:31:59 UTC 2012 AUT: Starting AUT: AUT MyApp
[exec] !!Error occurred !!
[exec] AUT could not be started, because no valid Java JRE was specified
[exec] Wed Jan 11 23:32:05 UTC 2012 AUT Agent: connection closed
[exec] Wed Jan 11 23:32:05 UTC 2012 Exit: Code 1

I tried to setup the JAVA_HOME variable on the hudson box but without success. Though the autagent is running and fine. Also tried to specify the -vm as AUT parameter pointing to the bin folder of the java installation but no luck.

Does anybody got an idea what could be the reason and how to fix that? It's a Linux box (32-bit) running a 32bit Java 6 (Sun/Oracle).

Thanks in advance,
Lars
Re: AUT could not be started, because no valid Java JRE was specified [message #778294 is a reply to message #778253] Thu, 12 January 2012 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Unfortunately, the error message "no JRE specified" can be a little misleading - it's not always a problem with the JRE per se.

Does the AUT start normally when you start it from the ITE? If so, then it's a question of finding out what is different between the two scenarios. If not, then you could have a look at the troubleshooting section on starting AUTs in the manual.

HTH,
Alex
Re: AUT could not be started, because no valid Java JRE was specified [message #783755 is a reply to message #778294] Thu, 26 January 2012 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lars Heinemann is currently offline Lars HeinemannFriend

Ok, got the cause of the problem. It was a wrong configuration for the AUT Path and Executable.

Please put some love into those error messages...this one is really misleading the people and it seems to be used for various error handlings. Those things really don't help to fix issues.

Another thing is that you should bring back the error log view to the Jubula RCP.
That will probably help track issues a bit more effective.

Anyway, I like how UI testing is done by Jubula...but the quality of this product makes me sometimes wonder.
Re: AUT could not be started, because no valid Java JRE was specified [message #784232 is a reply to message #783755] Fri, 27 January 2012 08:27 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

Thanks for your comments. Feel free to put in an enhancement for improved error messaging for the AUT start or for other aspects that seem to be missing.

In terms of your comment about the quality, again, if you find specific errors, please let us know by entering issues into Bugzilla and by all means contribute with patches as well.

Best regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:Can Jubula export the tests as UTF-8 encoded XML?
Next Topic:Cannot activate app with modal login
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:15:36 GMT 2024