Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » crash on git commit
icon5.gif  crash on git commit [message #777612] Tue, 10 January 2012 20:05 Go to next message
James Pelletier is currently offline James PelletierFriend
Using Indigo on an Ubuntu 10.4 box, Eclipse will consistently crash when bringing up the commit dialog for a git repository if the display is exported to a windows box. I've tried all combinations of windows 7 and xp with both vnc and exceed (X-forwarding), and they all crash the same way. The commit dialog will come up just fine if I'm logged into the console of the ubuntu box, and even works when the display is exported from one ubuntu box to another. I don't think this is a bug with eclipse, but I don't really know how to solve the problem. I tried Helios with the egit plugin and it behaves the same way. I haven't had any other applications crash just because they were running on a remote machine like this. Just to be clear, it's not the vnc that's crashing, just eclipse. None of the other windows within eclipse (including the subclipse commit window) cause it to crash.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this or have any suggestions for a work-around?

Thanks!

(log attached)
Re: crash on git commit [message #777625 is a reply to message #777612] Tue, 10 January 2012 20:50 Go to previous message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

On 10-Jan-12 13:05, James Pelletier wrote:
> Using Indigo on an Ubuntu 10.4 box, Eclipse will consistently crash when bringing up the commit dialog for a git repository if the display is exported to a windows box. I've tried all combinations of windows 7 and xp with both vnc and exceed (X-forwarding), and they all crash the same way. The commit dialog will come up just fine if I'm logged into the console of the ubuntu box, and even works when the display is exported from one ubuntu box to another. I don't think this is a bug with eclipse, but I don't really know how to solve the problem. I tried Helios with the egit plugin and it behaves the same way. I haven't had any other applications crash just because they were running on a remote machine like this. Just to be clear, it's not the vnc that's crashing, just eclipse. None of the other windows within eclipse (including the subclipse commit window) cause it to crash.
>
> Has anyone else experienced anything like this or have any suggestions for a work-around?
>
> Thanks!
>
> (log attached)

FYI: there is a specific forum for Git on Eclipse (eclipse.egit).
Previous Topic:SWT or RCP?
Next Topic:Not able to run eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:05:32 GMT 2024