Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Indigo slow & freezing when editing EJB
Indigo slow & freezing when editing EJB [message #777397] Tue, 10 January 2012 12:12 Go to next message
Mike Dundee is currently offline Mike DundeeFriend
Hello,

I have noticed that Eclipse Indigo has some performance issues while editing EJB.
If my class is annotated by "Stateless", IDE response is very poor, it keeps freezing, cursor moves very slowly and code completition dialog loads quite a while... Very frustrating...
The only way I can work with this file is to comment "Stateless" annotation. Then everything works fast. IT seems like some process in the background keeps doing something very processor-consuming.

Can you please tell me where the problem might be? I turned off all validators (Windows->Preferences->Validation, both Manual and Build section), but with no success.

My plugins are WTP, subclipse and m2e.

Thank you
Re: Indigo slow & freezing when editing EJB [message #780865 is a reply to message #777397] Thu, 19 January 2012 17:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane Clarke is currently offline Shane ClarkeFriend
Hi Mike,

Have you got annotation processing enabled on your EJB project?

You can check by right-clicking on the project and selecting Properties then Java Compiler > Annotation Processing.

If you do does it make any difference if you disable it?

Thanks,
Shane
Re: Indigo slow & freezing when editing EJB [message #786252 is a reply to message #780865] Mon, 30 January 2012 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike Dundee is currently offline Mike DundeeFriend
Hello Shane, thank you for your response.
I checked project settings and Annotation Processing was not enabled (to be more specific - there was default settings where only "Enable processing in editor" option was checked). However even if I turned on project specific settings and turned off "Enable processing in editor", IDE is still very slow when editing EJB.

Is there any way how to find out which process is taking CPU ? (for example from logs)
Re: Indigo slow & freezing when editing EJB [message #786708 is a reply to message #786252] Mon, 30 January 2012 18:38 Go to previous message
Shane Clarke is currently offline Shane ClarkeFriend
You could check the logs (Window > Show View > Error Log) to see if there's anything logged there when this happens.

But to find out which process is taking CPU you will have to use a profiler.

Have a look at the Eclipse TPTP project http://www.eclipse.org/tptp/

Also the Visualvm which ships as part of the JDK (since 1.6 update 7) http://visualvm.java.net/index.html
Previous Topic:.aar file does is not deployed in Axis
Next Topic:[Bug] Web Page Editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 09:57:16 GMT 2024