Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Problem with context menus on MacOSX
Problem with context menus on MacOSX [message #777160] Tue, 10 January 2012 00:28 Go to next message
Chris Missing name is currently offline Chris Missing nameFriend
Ive been moving a testsuite designed on Windows over to test the mac version of our AUT and have run into some behavior I cant explain on MacOSX.

The test currently passes on windows in the current form:

<Select Project from Tree>
<ub_grc_selectContextMenuEntry_byTextpath>[TEXTPATH; OPERATOR; MOUSE_BUTTON]
<waitForWindow>

In the above case the data is the following respectively:
'Delete'
equals

This testcase is to open the delete dialog via the context menu of an eclipse project. Unfortunately this method does not work on Mac for some reason. It fails to open the "right-click" context menu. Using the recorder I have been playing around with context menus to find a way to make this work on both platforms but as it stands I cant even get it to work at all on Mac. The recorder spits out the following.

<Select Context Menu Entry by Textpath on Tree>
<wait for Window>

This first test case does not appear to be in the concrete modules at all so Im not sure where it came from but rerunning the recorded test fails also.

Right clicking a project in our Eclipse based AUT has the following options among others:

New >
Open in New Window
Copy
Paste
Delete
Move...
Rename...
Refresh...
Close Project...
Properties

Of these, only these four actually worked using the recorded test:
Open in New Window
Copy
Rename
Close/Open Project

The others "passed" the test case but failed to wait for window when the dialog never appeared. After discovering some do not work with the recorded test, I retried the <ub_grc_selectContextMenuEntry_byTextpath> test on the menu entries and it is exhibiting the same behavior. If anyone has experienced this before I would appreciate any comments.
Re: Problem with context menus on MacOSX [message #777950 is a reply to message #777160] Wed, 11 January 2012 07:50 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

I have a feeling that this could be a bug which has now been fixed, and will be in the Juno release.

Best regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:How to test on multiple set of data for date ( calender )
Next Topic:"teardown" to clean application's database?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:42:22 GMT 2024