Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Error "Unable to create perspective" when run deployed RAP application
Error "Unable to create perspective" when run deployed RAP application [message #776814] Mon, 09 January 2012 09:57
ZungNV Abel is currently offline ZungNV AbelFriend
I don't know why my topic was duplicated :blush:
@moderators: Please delete redundant reading one for me. Thanks!

Hi everyone, I'm developing an application based on Eclipse RCP. Currently, I need to move this app to RAP. The code is almost no change, because between them support very well single-sourcing. I created 2 different workspaces (one for RAP and the another for RCP). I was able to run RAP apps normally in the embedded server Jetty integrated OSGi bundles inside Eclipse without any problem and with the same possibility as in RCP. However, when I exported my RAP app to .war file, already enabled all required plugins, copy it to the webapps folder of Tomcat. Start my web app from external browser, I always get this error message:
Unable to create perspective 'MyPerspectiveID'. There is no corresponding perspective extension.
Reason:
Unable to create perspective 'MyPerspectiveID'. There is no corresponding perspective extension.

It's really strange, cause it ran normally inside Eclipse.In my application there is only one perspective, on that I put only one view with some stack layout. I really don't know to resolve this.
I also found a similar topic: "eclipse.org /forums /index.php /m /68045 /", but the reason was not clear , and it didn't work for me.
Please tell me where I possibly made mistake. Thanks so much for any answer.

[Updated on: Mon, 09 January 2012 10:56]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Error "Unable to create perspective" when run deployed RAP application
Next Topic:How to use untyped events in RAP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:49:13 GMT 2024