Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » BIRT installation causing problem(Installed BIRT successfully but unable to create a birt project since it is not getting displayed when i create a new project)
BIRT installation causing problem [message #776364] Sun, 08 January 2012 07:04 Go to next message
butny  is currently offline butny Friend
Hi all,

I have installed BIRT today and the installation was successfull, asked me o restart the eclipse once the installation was completed. But after restarting the eclipse, i am not able to find the BIRT folder/project when i try to create a new project.

When i checked the installed softwares then i can see all the BIRT is installed. Have a look at the attachment. Please suggest if i am missing something. Please inform how to create the new BIRT project.

Thanks,
Bunty
  • Attachment: Untitled.png
    (Size: 44.17KB, Downloaded 147 times)
Re: BIRT installation causing problem [message #776972 is a reply to message #776364] Mon, 09 January 2012 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

Do you have the following installed as well?

Eclipse Version 3.6.2 SDK
DTP Version 1.8.2
EMF Version 2.6.1 Release EMF+XSD
GEF Version 3.6.2 runtime
WTP Version 3.2.3

BIRT 2.6.2 requires these.

Jason

On 1/8/2012 2:04 AM, butny wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have installed BIRT today and the installation was successfull, asked me o restart the eclipse once the installation was completed. But after restarting the eclipse, i am not able to find the BIRT folder/project when i try to create a new project.
>
> When i checked the installed softwares then i can see all the BIRT is installed. Have a look at the attachment. Please suggest if i am missing something. Please inform how to create the new BIRT project.
>
> Thanks,
> Bunty
Re: BIRT installation causing problem [message #776996 is a reply to message #776972] Mon, 09 January 2012 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jason,

I am using eclipse IDE 3.7. Do i need to install Eclipse Version 3.6.2 SDK also? I mean does the SDK comes along with the IDE or i need to install this as well since i cant find an entry of the SDK in the list of installables.

No i don't have the list you provided installed. Please inform from where to get this. Should i install them individually or i will get all of them in a single package? I am not able to find them, hence asked you about the links where i can get them.

Thanks,
Bunty

[Updated on: Mon, 09 January 2012 16:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: BIRT installation causing problem [message #777004 is a reply to message #776996] Mon, 09 January 2012 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FYI;

I am using Eclipse Indigo.
Re: BIRT installation causing problem [message #777156 is a reply to message #777004] Tue, 10 January 2012 00:22 Go to previous message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

You should be able to get these individually from the update site.
You can also download the allinone download that has Eclipse/Birt and
all the dependencies included.

Jason

On 1/9/2012 11:31 AM, butny wrote:
> FYI;
>
> I am using Eclipse Indigo.
Previous Topic:Displaying a trademark symbol!
Next Topic:Reg: rptdesign files getting corrupted
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:47:40 GMT 2024