Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Eclipse and xdebug helper not working(Eclipse and xdebug helper not working)
icon9.gif  Eclipse and xdebug helper not working [message #776215] Sat, 07 January 2012 21:47 Go to next message
Francisco Marzoa is currently offline Francisco MarzoaFriend
Hi there,

I have installed Eclipse with PDT on my Ubuntu 11.10 development box, and everything goes as expected. I have also installed xdebug, and when debugging from the Eclipse IDE itself, it works as expected.

But I rather like to start debug sessions from the browser instead, since I have some pages that needs to be accessed using credentials, and other issues that makes this way more productive.

I have tried Easy XDebug extension for firefox with no luck at all. It simply does not show the extension icon. I think my Firefox 9 is too new for that extension to work.

As Ubuntu 11.10 carries Chromium also, and I have no problem on using it for my debugging sessions, I have installed XDebug Helper for chrome, and I managed to install and configure it without problems.

But when I try to start a debug session enabling debugging through XDebug Helper icon, Eclipse does not start debugging. It seems like there is no communication between XDebug Helper and Eclipse.

Any hint on how to solve this problem is welcome.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Re: Eclipse and xdebug helper not working [message #776314 is a reply to message #776215] Sun, 08 January 2012 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
0. easy Xdebug 1.5 works fine on Firefox 9.0.1/Ubuntu 11.10.

1. You need to configure PDT.
Preferences->PHP->Debug->Installed Debugger->XDebug->Configure
Choose except "off" in "Accept remote session (JIT)"

2. If you are using Indigo/PDT 3.0.0, you need to start the debug daemon(debugger communication daemon) manually. Take some action related debugging, open Preferences->PHP->Debug for example. (when you opened the Debug preferences page, the debug daemon starts automatically.)

FYI:
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/atlanto/e/a11948ef91933813ed5832d4316ebc55
Miserable translation Sad
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.goo.ne.jp%2Fatlanto%2Fe%2Fa11948ef91933813ed5832d4316ebc55
Re: Eclipse and xdebug helper not working [message #776469 is a reply to message #776314] Sun, 08 January 2012 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It works!

Just enabling that JIT option and it works with Chromium and XDebug Helper.

The Easy XDebug extension may be a problem with my firefox. To be honest, the icon was showed the first time I installed it. But later I uninstall it, and then I run some updates through Ubuntu update manager, and so the icon will never be showed again even when I reinstalled the extension. Actually I think the icon must be showed in the lower part of firefox, but the issue is that I have no firefox footer yet anymore. Confused

Anyway I can now debug using Chromium, and that's enough for my needs.

Thanks a million!

Dômo arigatô gozaimashita

Smile
Re: Eclipse and xdebug helper not working [message #776505 is a reply to message #776469] Sun, 08 January 2012 16:15 Go to previous message
I have also solved the problem with Easy XDebug. It was so stupid: It seems like I were closed by an accident the AddOn Bar on Firefox. I have just recovered it using View/Tool Bars/AddOn Bar, and with your advices it works as well as XDebug Helper on Chromium.

Previous Topic:indigo + pdt Text Hover is slow
Next Topic:Eclipse 2.x or 3.x?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:08:24 GMT 2024