Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » JFace(How to create a JFace window)
JFace [message #775278] Thu, 05 January 2012 17:54 Go to next message
Bill Brandley is currently offline Bill BrandleyFriend
I am playing around with WindowBuilder.

I created simple programs using "WindowBuilder/Swing Designer/Application Window" and "WindowBuilder/SWT Designer/SWT/Application Window" classes with no problem.

However, when I tryed to create a "WindowBuilder/SWT Designer/JFace/ApplicationWindow", the source code gave me unresolved imports associated with "org.eclipse.jface...".

What do I need to do to create a JFace based class without all th import errors?

Thanx,
Bill

Re: JFace [message #775292 is a reply to message #775278] Thu, 05 January 2012 18:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Scheglov is currently offline Konstantin ScheglovFriend
1. Add JFace biraries from "plugins" folder of your Eclipse, into your project classpath.

2. Just create PDE project and add dependency on org.eclipse.ui plugin.

Konstantin Scheglov,
Google, Inc.
Re: JFace [message #775338 is a reply to message #775292] Thu, 05 January 2012 19:54 Go to previous message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
Note that if you use the SWT/JFace project wizard that comes with WB or the Plugin/RCP wizard that comes with Eclipse, JFace will already be on the classpath. If you create the project manually or use the simple Java project wizard, it is up to you to properly configure the classpath with things like JFace.
Previous Topic:How to avoid default container for JFRAME and for all others also
Next Topic:JList data binding not working.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:47:14 GMT 2024