Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » brakepoints in java editor plugin
brakepoints in java editor plugin [message #775236] Thu, 05 January 2012 16:01 Go to next message
josefin garcia is currently offline josefin garciaFriend
Hi!!

this is my first post and I hope you can help me you.

I made a plugin with a java editor. This plugin opens java files compiled with its own version of the Java JDK, not the one with eclipse. It displays any compilation errors that I want.

The problem is that this editor does not allow to put brakepoints or debug on them. I think I miss some dependency but not sure.

If someone could help me would be very grateful.

thanks!!!!
Re: brakepoints in java editor plugin [message #778227 is a reply to message #775236] Wed, 11 January 2012 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Rennie is currently offline Michael RennieFriend
Breakpoints - and the ability to create them in a given editor - are specific to editor contexts. If you are extending the standard Java editor you might only have to add a new IToggleTargetAdapter for your specific editor class. If you have not extended the standard Java editor, you will have to define your own breakpoints / markers / toggle adapters.

For more information, you can look at some of the documents found on our webpage: http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/debug/documents.php

You can also look at the debug example plug-ins found in the following git repo: http://git.eclipse.org/c/platform/eclipse.platform.debug.git/ (the projects you want to look at are org.eclipse.debug.examples.core and org.eclipse.debug.examples.ui)
Re: brakepoints in java editor plugin [message #780126 is a reply to message #775236] Tue, 17 January 2012 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the answer but I have another question.

My class extends of CompilationUnitEditor because if I extends of JavaEditor I can`t put a breakpoint in the editor when I am in the second environment. I tried to extend the class of JavaEditor and in the second environment, when I open the editor, I can not select the following options: go to annotation, toggle breakpoint and disable breakpoint. For this reason I extends the class of CompilationUnitEditor.

How I add a new IToggleTargetAdapter for my specific editor class, which extends of CompiliationUnitEditor?

Thanks

[Updated on: Tue, 17 January 2012 08:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: brakepoints in java editor plugin [message #780794 is a reply to message #775236] Thu, 19 January 2012 11:51 Go to previous message
Thanks for the answer but I have another question.

My class extends of CompilationUnitEditor because if I extends of JavaEditor I can`t put a breakpoint in the editor when I am in the second environment. I tried to extend the class of JavaEditor and in the second environment, when I open the editor, I can not select the following options: go to annotation, toggle breakpoint and disable breakpoint. For this reason I extends the class of CompilationUnitEditor.

How I add a new IToggleTargetAdapter for my specific editor class, which extends of CompiliationUnitEditor?
Previous Topic:static field initialization using AST
Next Topic:[SOLVED] Quick Fix via Hovering
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:15:03 GMT 2024