Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Problem debugging a wxWidget application with Eclipse
Problem debugging a wxWidget application with Eclipse [message #775224] Thu, 05 January 2012 15:38 Go to next message
marco villa is currently offline marco villaFriend
After installing Eclipse Indigo and wxWidget 2.9.3 I built the "minimal" application
(a sample ditributed with wxWidget)using mingw32.

Debugging works but when I start debugger it opens a window with a message:

Can't find a source file at "../mingw/main.c"
Locate the file or edit the source lookup path to include its location.

When I push F8 (Resume) the application really starts and works.
Before resuming it seems the code is looping somewhere..

Does anybody know how to explain this weird behaviour?
Thanks
Re: Problem debugging a wxWidget application with Eclipse [message #780926 is a reply to message #775224] Thu, 19 January 2012 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Johnson is currently offline James JohnsonFriend
Something similar is happening to me, as well - some more info on it, disassembly for me shows: "call 0x403b2c <GetCommandLineA@0>" as where it's hanging up at. However if I run the executable by itself, it seems to run just fine. I'm running my own program, just running Eclipse Indigo, no widgets.
Re: Problem debugging a wxWidget application with Eclipse [message #781309 is a reply to message #775224] Fri, 20 January 2012 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gothyaknow gothyaknow is currently offline gothyaknow gothyaknowFriend
I solved it.
Click on "Debug configurations..."
Set your C/C++ Application and Project.
Click on the tab "arguments" and look at the Working directory: it should be wrong, like:
${workspace_loc:project_name}

Change to something like
${workspace_loc:project_name\Debug}
or whatever is the right path.
Most important, click on the Debugger tab and check Load shared library symbols automatically. Then, on Source tab, check Search for duplicate source files on the path.
That's it.
EDIT:
Also enable autobuild.

[Updated on: Sat, 21 January 2012 00:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem debugging a wxWidget application with Eclipse [message #782527 is a reply to message #781309] Mon, 23 January 2012 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Johnson is currently offline James JohnsonFriend
I did everything as stated, yet I'm still getting the error on mine. The output from gdb in the console is

[New Thread 2596.0x238]
Cannot access memory at address 0x1

[Updated on: Mon, 23 January 2012 22:11]

Re: Problem debugging a wxWidget application with Eclipse [message #885784 is a reply to message #782527] Wed, 13 June 2012 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Erwin Rossen is currently offline Erwin RossenFriend
I have a similar problem. It mentions: "Can't find a source file at "../mingw/gccmain.c" Locate the file or edit the source lookup path to include its location."

Also, when I start debugging, it mentions: No line 20 in file "HelloWorld.cpp". Line 20 is the line where I placed my breakpoint and it's definitely there.
Re: Problem debugging a wxWidget application with Eclipse [message #944709 is a reply to message #775224] Mon, 15 October 2012 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Bart is currently offline Ed BartFriend
Right click on the project, go to Debug As - Debug Configurations - Debugger tab - And unclick "Stop on start up at" (which in my case was saying Main). I am not an expert at all, but I think the debugger is trying to stop on the Main at startup and something related to the widget creates the problem (?).

Note: in my case, I was getting the Can't find a source file at "../mingw/main.c"
Locate the file or edit the source lookup path to include its location
... with Qt in Eclipse... Hopefully helps...

[Updated on: Mon, 15 October 2012 04:27]

Re: Problem debugging a wxWidget application with Eclipse [message #1719651 is a reply to message #944709] Mon, 11 January 2016 05:44 Go to previous message
hamidreza maddah is currently offline hamidreza maddahFriend

Ed Bart wrote on Mon, 15 October 2012 04:26
Right click on the project, go to Debug As - Debug Configurations - Debugger tab - And unclick "Stop on start up at" (which in my case was saying Main). I am not an expert at all, but I think the debugger is trying to stop on the Main at startup and something related to the widget creates the problem (?).

Note: in my case, I was getting the Can't find a source file at "../mingw/main.c"
Locate the file or edit the source lookup path to include its location
... with Qt in Eclipse... Hopefully helps...

Thanks, My problem solved Smile
Previous Topic:Problem with using <math.h> in Eclipse for C/C++
Next Topic:undefined reference to Structure error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 12:36:18 GMT 2024