Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » eclipse doesnt start on osx 10.6.8(after latest java update of java eclipse doesnt start anymore)
eclipse doesnt start on osx 10.6.8 [message #775117] Thu, 05 January 2012 11:05 Go to next message
Xaver Biton is currently offline Xaver BitonFriend
Hi,

for some days I' trying to anderstand why eclipse doesnt start any more.
I suppose that cause I update java on os x 10.6.8 but I'm not sure, the
the old version of eclipse, galileo and ganymedeare working as usual.

can someone help. That's driving me crazy, then I'm searchin the web for information
but nothing usefull.

Thnks.

Xaver
Re: eclipse doesnt start on osx 10.6.8 [message #775698 is a reply to message #775117] Fri, 06 January 2012 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

It looks like your updated java on osx is missing the xercesImpl.jar lib, no?

PW

Re: eclipse doesnt start on osx 10.6.8 [message #780481 is a reply to message #775698] Wed, 18 January 2012 09:11 Go to previous message
Xaver Biton is currently offline Xaver BitonFriend
well I dowloaded xercesImpl.jar and put it in the extention directory, unfortunately doesnt help. something new has happend: when I try to start the play framework
I recieve the following error messages, I belive the the 2 errors are caused from the same problem:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.CompilationResult.getErrors()[Lorg/eclipse/jdt/core/compiler/CategorizedProblem;
at play.classloading.ApplicationCompiler$2.acceptResult(ApplicationCompiler.java:238)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.Compiler.handleInternalException(Compiler.java:484)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:346)
at play.classloading.ApplicationCompiler.compile(ApplicationCompiler.java:282)
at play.classloading.ApplicationClasses$ApplicationClass.compile(ApplicationClasses.java:277)
at play.classloading.ApplicationClassloader.loadApplicationClass(ApplicationClassloader.java:164)
at play.classloading.ApplicationClassloader.loadClass(ApplicationClassloader.java:84)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:356)
at play.plugins.PluginCollection.loadPlugins(PluginCollection.java:158)
at play.Play.init(Play.java:294)
at play.server.Server.main(Server.java:158)

Xaver
Previous Topic:Eclipse Platform for AIX 7.1 OS
Next Topic:Subclassing Text
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 13:50:38 GMT 2024