Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Vex » Problems with new version 1.0.0 M8(Root element in dtd no longer selectable)
Problems with new version 1.0.0 M8 [message #774805] Wed, 04 January 2012 16:47 Go to next message
Harald Wucherer is currently offline Harald WuchererFriend
Hi,

I updated today my current vex version 1.0.0 M7 (2011-05-03) to the brand new version of vex 1.0.0 M8 (2012-01-04) and tried to open my already existing projects by changing the namespace in vex-plugin.xml from "org.eclipse.wst.xml.vex" to "org.eclipse.vex" as mentioned on the New and Noteworthy page. But I got an error message "unknown document type" and a list of the currently supported DTDs. But my dtd is not listed any more.

After that I tried to create a new vex project with the new version from scratch, but there I noticed when configuring the vex-plugin.xml, that on the property page of the dtd-file where you select the root element the dtd elements no longer are shown as with older vex version 1.0.0 M7 (2011-05-03).

The reason for checking the new version was that I noticed when using vex, all indents in the xml file are filled with space, not with tabs. Therefore it is not possible when prefomring a xsl transformation on the xml file to distinguish between real space I entered to the xml file and white space due to formating of the xml file. On the default xml editor in eclipse you can configure to uses tabs for indenting. But I didn't find any possibility to configure this on vex editor.

By the way, after uninstalling the old vex version, it took me a while to find an old link to reinstall it. Maybe it would be possible to show not only the current version of vex in the download link (download.eclipse.org/vex/milestones/) but also the older versions. Then it would be easier to step back to the old version if a new update makes problems.

I appreciate any comments to the above.

Thanks,
Harald
Re: Problems with new version 1.0.0 M8 [message #774928 is a reply to message #774805] Wed, 04 January 2012 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Holger Voormann is currently offline Holger VoormannFriend
Hi Harald,

Could you attach the DTD, CSS and XML file to bug 367903?

Best regards,

Holger
Re: Problems with new version 1.0.0 M8 [message #775099 is a reply to message #774805] Thu, 05 January 2012 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Florian Thienel is currently offline Florian ThienelFriend
Hi Harald,

I forgot to mention in the new and noteworthy text, that you also have to fix the namespace of the Vex project nature in the .project file. Sorry for that inconvenience. With this additional step you should be able to get your old projects running.

For the other two issues I created bug 367925 and bug 367926 to work on each one independently.

Thank you for your feedback, Harald.

Best Regards,

Florian

[Updated on: Thu, 05 January 2012 10:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problems with new version 1.0.0 M8 [message #775413 is a reply to message #775099] Thu, 05 January 2012 23:40 Go to previous message
Florian Thienel is currently offline Florian ThienelFriend
FYI: both bugs are fixed now. The bugfixes are available through the CI update site and will be included in the next milestone (not scheduled yet).
Previous Topic:Support for Docbook v5?
Next Topic:Error installing VEX from Eclipse Marketplace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:35:59 GMT 2024