Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Babel » Babel Syncup logic(question about Babel Syncup logic)
Babel Syncup logic [message #773715] Mon, 02 January 2012 11:09 Go to next message
Satoru Yoshida is currently offline Satoru YoshidaFriend
Hello, I found old value and correct at follwing key:

key : MoveInstanceMethodPage_Method_name
file: org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.ui/org/eclipse/wst/jsdt/internal/ui/refactoring/refactoringui.properties
category : webtools 3.4
update date: 29th Dec. 2011 by Babel Syncup, 2nd Jan. 2012 by me.

But I have already corrected the following same data:

key : same as webtools 3.4
file: same as webtools 3.4
category : webtools.jsdt 3.3
update date: 23rd Aug. 2011 by me

Same issue is between eclipse 4.2 and 3.7 category.
key : Startup_Loading
file: org.eclipse.ui.workbench/org/eclipse/ui/internal/messages.properties

I will feel happy if anyone would tell me why Babel Syncup ignores my correction efforts.
Thanks.

[Updated on: Mon, 02 January 2012 11:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Babel Syncup logic [message #774316 is a reply to message #773715] Tue, 03 January 2012 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kit Lo is currently offline Kit LoFriend
Translations for the Webtools project is a little messy. When we first setup Babel, we had all strings for Webtools extracted into the "webtools" project. We did that for Webtools 2.0, 3.0, & 3.1. However, the Webtools team decided to define map files for the Webtools "sub-projects" (like "webtools.dali" or "webtools.jsdt") separately for 3.2 & 3.3.

When I setup Babel for Juno last week, I extracted the Webtools strings into "webtools 3.4" project. Syncup found existing translations for some strings from "webtools 3.0".

I hope all translations for JSDT are settle down after your final touch-ups.
Re: Babel Syncup logic [message #775023 is a reply to message #774316] Thu, 05 January 2012 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello, Thank You for comment, Kit Lo.

I think that current Babel web site does not support correction translated texts to be extended over plural categories, unfortunately.
It takes more effort to correct the strings when category are moved one to another.

For example, items that I corrected in webtools.jsdt 3.2/3.3 seems to not be reflected in both webtools 3.0, 3.4.
Also items I changed in rt.equinox.p2 3.6/3.7 are not done in rt.equinox 3.5 and eclipse 4.1 .
So, I corrected manually eclipse 4.1 additionally.

I will be happy if webtools.*** 3.3 would be reflected in webtools 3.4,
as a second best, I hope latest mysqldump to fix manually from SQL results.

Thanks.
Re: Babel Syncup logic [message #776041 is a reply to message #775023] Sat, 07 January 2012 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,
And I have a question why following value is reverted, for example.

categories : eclipse 4.1 and 4.2
key: application_errorStartDefault
file:org.eclipse.equinox.app/org/eclipse/equinox/internal/app/messages.properties

I corrected the translated text in eclipse 4.1 category at 2011-11-21,
But category 4.2 has old value, not same value from latest in eclipse 4.1.
There is not category changes between eclipse 4.1 and 4.2 . (Same issue is between eclipse 3.7 and 3.8 )
Re: Babel Syncup logic [message #777849 is a reply to message #776041] Wed, 11 January 2012 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kit Lo is currently offline Kit LoFriend
Normally, during the save when we click the Submit button, Babel searches for all strings with the old translation and update them all to the new translation. Strings with the same translation should always be in sync.

Somehow, a few strings in the file you mentioned were out of sync. I cannot tell why from the history. I manually updated them. Those few strings should all be in sync in all the eclipse releases now. If you see other cases like this, please let me know. I will investigate more.
Re: Babel Syncup logic [message #784920 is a reply to message #777849] Sat, 28 January 2012 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks to comment and manually fixing, Kit Lo.

I find another sample
at TextDecoratorVariable_revision key
in org.eclipse.team.svn.ui/org/eclipse/team/svn/ui/messages.properties
of technology.subversive category.

I had entered value newly at version 0.7 of technology.subversive category,
But I find another value is entered in version 0.8 .
(Today I have fixed it)

Sadly I can not also find why it is, but I feel the different values may be brought from another category.
( from org.eclipse.team.cvs in Eclipse category ?? )

Sorry to my late responce.
Re: Babel Syncup logic [message #874783 is a reply to message #776041] Mon, 21 May 2012 14:36 Go to previous message
(I will move this report to bugs.eclipse.org
from this newsgroup.
Sorry for inconvenience. at 22nd May
Cf: bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=380524 )

I think following SQL may be related to this issue.
The SQLs are at line 62 and 69 in /server/classes/export/syncup.php .
SELECT s.string_id FROM strings AS s WHERE s.value = BINARY...
SELECT t.value from strings As s inner join translations AS t on s.string_id = t.string_id where s.string_id IN ($string_ids) ...
(Note: ... means omission)

I think there would be no problem if we assume relation between strings.value and translations.value was always one to one correspondence.

But in truth, the relation can be one to N correspondence,
so we often meet unexpected value in translations table, I think.

we can confirm there are multi kinds value in translations.value against strings.value.

SELECT s.string_id, s.value, t.value FROM strings s inner join translations t on s.string_id = t.string_id where s.name = 'application_errorStartDefault'

Possible solution:
(at line 62)
SELECT s.string_id FROM strings AS s WHERE s.is_active and s.non_translatable = 0 and s.value = BINARY...

(at line 69)
SELECT t.value from strings As s inner join translations AS t on s.string_id = t.string_id where s.value <> BINARY t.value and s.string_id IN ($string_ids) ... group by 1

(at line 70)
if (mysql_num_rows($possible_translations) = 1 and (($translation_row = mysql_fetch_assoc($possible_translations))

Thanks.

[Updated on: Fri, 22 June 2012 15:29]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Trying to understand what Babel is exactly
Next Topic:Translation of Eclipse Platform Documentation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 08:08:06 GMT 2024