Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Using Run(Eclipse does not seem to be running what I want)
Using Run [message #773532] Sun, 01 January 2012 22:55 Go to next message
Francisco Queirós is currently offline Francisco QueirósFriend
Hello, Eclipse Community.

I am here, hoping to get some help on a matter.

To start off, I'm sort of a noob looking to learn Java and for that, I'm using Eclipse.

I've encountered something that is *really* bugging me. The problem is that every time I try to run a .class file, I click run, but then, Eclipse tries to run something that isn't selected, or that doesn't even exist!

I've posted a picture, showing what I mean. In the picture I got my helloWorld.java file selected. I clicked to run it. But for some reason, Eclipse wants to run the whole project. And I really don't know how to change that. I really need some help here.

index.php/fa/6608/0/
  • Attachment: Eclipse.png
    (Size: 174.06KB, Downloaded 498 times)

[Updated on: Sun, 01 January 2012 23:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Using Run [message #773906 is a reply to message #773532] Mon, 02 January 2012 21:23 Go to previous message
Rylan Cottrell is currently offline Rylan CottrellFriend

Just right click on the java file and choose 'run as' select Java Application and it should default that execution for future clicks of the run button. Another tip is your classes should always start with a capital letter to follow the Java standard coding convention (java.sun.com/docs/codeconv/html/CodeConventions.doc.html#16712).
Previous Topic:Find references in Eclipse
Next Topic:AST parser
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 16:55:28 GMT 2024