Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Unable to get Window Builder to Work after Install(Window Builder Issue)
Unable to get Window Builder to Work after Install [message #773342] Sun, 01 January 2012 08:47 Go to next message
Eclipse GuestFriend
I just installed Windowbuilder on new install of Eclipse Helios that I just downloaded and subsequently installed Windowbuilder.

The installation appeared to have gone correctly and did not see any bugs.

However, I'm trying to get Windowbuilder started, I click "File>New>Other" then from "New" screen I scroll down and select "WindowBuilder". Then I click "Swing Designer" and then click "JFrame". Then I click "Next".

Here's where nothing seems to work. In the form labeled "New JFrame", I see the error message "Source folder name is empty". I then click "Browse" and a disabled form comes up labeled "Source Folder Selection". But in this form it is disabled and I don't see a navigation tree to select a sub-folder on my Windows 7 Laptop. Also, a little red icon is at bottom with shows "No entries available" and the "Ok" button is disabled.

I can only click "Cancel" which takes me back to the "New JFrame" form.

The "Next" and "Finish" button are disabled and I can't move forward.

Please help and let me know how I can get WindowsBuilder working.

Thanks.
Re: Unable to get Window Builder to Work after Install [message #773349 is a reply to message #773342] Sun, 01 January 2012 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse GuestFriend
Nevermind. I realize I have to create a project first. Once I created the project I'm now able to see Windows Builder in action.
Re: Unable to get Window Builder to Work after Install [message #773437 is a reply to message #773349] Sun, 01 January 2012 16:03 Go to previous message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
I would recommend the docs in a case like this.
Previous Topic:Support for e4 ?
Next Topic:Eclipse Hangs when I try to modify JTable model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:59:01 GMT 2024