Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » The viewing session is not available or has expired
The viewing session is not available or has expired [message #772821] Fri, 30 December 2011 17:24 Go to next message
Michael Samir is currently offline Michael SamirFriend
Dear all

I downloaded birt runtime 3.7.0 and after I deployed birt.war to tomcat and open the application using the url:

localhost:8080/birt/frameset?__report=test.rptdesign&sample=my+parameter

I got the error "The viewing session is not available or has expired" and the report didn't open.

and when I use "run" instead of "frameset" the same error appeared and the below stack trace showed up:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: The viewing session is not available or has expired.
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.createRunAndRenderTask(ReportEngineService.java:1034)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.runAndRenderReport(ReportEngineService.java:903)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtViewerReportService.runAndRenderReport(BirtViewerReportService.java:973)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.BirtGetPageAllActionHandler.__execute(BirtGetPageAllActionHandler.java:131)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractBaseActionHandler.execute(AbstractBaseActionHandler.java:90)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseDocumentProcessor.__executeAction(AbstractBaseDocumentProcessor.java:47)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.executeAction(AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.java:143)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.BirtDocumentProcessor.handleGetPageAll(BirtDocumentProcessor.java:183)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.process(AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.java:112)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.endpoint.BirtSoapBindingImpl.getUpdatedObjects(BirtSoapBindingImpl.java:66)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.invokeMethod(RPCProvider.java:397)
   at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.processMessage(RPCProvider.java:186)
   at org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.invoke(JavaProvider.java:323)
   at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)
   at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)
   at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:83)
   at org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.invoke(SOAPService.java:454)
   at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:281)
   at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:699)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.doPost(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:265)
   at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:641)
   at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327)
   at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.service(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:122)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:304)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.filter.ViewerFilter.doFilter(ViewerFilter.java:68)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:224)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:169)
   at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:168)
   at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:100)
   at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:929)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
   at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:405)
   at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:964)
   at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:515)
   at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:304)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

but when I use "preview" the report opened with no errors, but of course I want to use frameset not preview

I use Apache tomcat 7.0 and Java 1.6.30, also when I use different versions of tomcat (5.5) or java (1.5.22) or even birt 2.6.2 the same error occurred.
Re: The viewing session is not available or has expired [message #773147 is a reply to message #772821] Sat, 31 December 2011 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also I got this warning in tomcat log

Unable to find required classes (javax.activation.DataHandler and javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart). Attachment support is disabled
Re: The viewing session is not available or has expired [message #774292 is a reply to message #773147] Tue, 03 January 2012 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

Instead of deploying the birt.war file can you try copying the
WebViewerExample folder to your webapps directory instead?

Jason

On 12/31/2011 12:05 PM, Michael Samir wrote:
> Also I got this warning in tomcat log
> Unable to find required classes (javax.activation.DataHandler and
> javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart). Attachment support is disabled
Re: The viewing session is not available or has expired [message #778584 is a reply to message #774292] Fri, 13 January 2012 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dear Jason

I tried what you said and also not working

Thanks for reply
Re: The viewing session is not available or has expired [message #778682 is a reply to message #778584] Fri, 13 January 2012 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

What browser are you using and are cookies enabled?

Jason

On 1/13/2012 6:39 AM, Michael Samir wrote:
> Dear Jason
>
> I tried what you said and also not working
>
> Thanks for reply
Re: The viewing session is not available or has expired [message #783404 is a reply to message #778682] Wed, 25 January 2012 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Firefox 9.0 and IE 9
Re: The viewing session is not available or has expired [message #783867 is a reply to message #783404] Thu, 26 January 2012 16:00 Go to previous message

I have that same setup and can not reproduce the error. When you open
the viewer in ie 9 can you hit F12 and look at the Browser Mode and
Document Mode and tell me what yours are set to?

Jason

On 1/25/2012 11:53 AM, Michael Samir wrote:
> Firefox 9.0 and IE 9
Previous Topic:Hyperlinks created in xls file are invalid
Next Topic:Custom Color/Gradient Palette definition through DE API
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:08:02 GMT 2024