Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Nothing comes when I drag a node on to the Editor(Nothing comes when I drag a node on to the Editor)
Nothing comes when I drag a node on to the Editor [message #772319] Thu, 29 December 2011 14:06 Go to next message
vinny503 Missing name is currently offline vinny503 Missing nameFriend
Hi All,

In my GMF Application, When I drag a node and drop it on to the Editor nothing comes.

Error shown below...

!ENTRY org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui 4 4 2011-12-29 19:27:15.368
!MESSAGE execute
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.core.commands.ExecutionException: While executing the operation, an exception occurred
at org.eclipse.core.commands.operations.DefaultOperationHistory.execute(DefaultOperationHistory.java:521)
at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.parts.DiagramCommandStack.execute(DiagramCommandStack.java:206)
at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.parts.DiagramCommandStack.execute(DiagramCommandStack.java:169)
at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.parts.DiagramCommandStack.execute(DiagramCommandStack.java:156)
at org.eclipse.gef.dnd.AbstractTransferDropTargetListener.handleDrop(AbstractTransferDropTargetListener.java:339)
at org.eclipse.gef.dnd.TemplateTransferDropTargetListener.handleDrop(TemplateTransferDropTargetListener.java:115)
at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.internal.parts.PaletteToolTransferDropTargetListener.handleDrop(PaletteToolTransferDropTargetListener.java:89)
at org.eclipse.gef.dnd.AbstractTransferDropTargetListener.drop(AbstractTransferDropTargetListener.java:183)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.DelegatingDropAdapter$3.run(DelegatingDropAdapter.java:211)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.JFaceUtil$1.run(JFaceUtil.java:49)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:175)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.DelegatingDropAdapter.drop(DelegatingDropAdapter.java:209)
at org.eclipse.swt.dnd.DNDListener.handleEvent(DNDListener.java:90)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1077)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1062)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:774)
at org.eclipse.swt.dnd.DropTarget.Drop(DropTarget.java:456)
at org.eclipse.swt.dnd.DropTarget$3.method6(DropTarget.java:258)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.ole.win32.COMObject.callback6(COMObject.java:119)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.ole.win32.COM.DoDragDrop(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.swt.dnd.DragSource.drag(DragSource.java:363)
at org.eclipse.swt.dnd.DragSource.access$0(DragSource.java:289)
at org.eclipse.swt.dnd.DragSource$1.handleEvent(DragSource.java:172)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4066)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3657)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2640)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2604)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2438)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:671)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:664)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at omsbuilder.diagram.application.OmsbuilderApplication.start(OmsbuilderApplication.java:22)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:619)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:574)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1407)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1383)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.emf.common.util.BasicEList.get(BasicEList.java:354)
at omsbuilder.impl.ComponentImpl.eIsSet(ComponentImpl.java:211)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eIsSet(BasicEObjectImpl.java:1247)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.EContentsEList$FeatureIteratorImpl.hasNext(EContentsEList.java:407)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.EcoreUtil$ProperContentIterator.hasNext(EcoreUtil.java:1258)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.EcoreUtil$ContentTreeIterator.hasNext(EcoreUtil.java:1442)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.attached(ResourceImpl.java:860)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eBasicSetContainer(BasicEObjectImpl.java:1342)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eInverseAdd(BasicEObjectImpl.java:1423)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.EcoreEList.inverseAdd(EcoreEList.java:292)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.NotifyingListImpl.addUnique(NotifyingListImpl.java:292)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.util.AbstractEList.add(AbstractEList.java:307)
at omsbuilder.diagram.edit.commands.ComponentCreateCommand.doExecuteWithResult(ComponentCreateCommand.java:63)
at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.emf.commands.core.command.AbstractTransactionalCommand.doExecute(AbstractTransactionalCommand.java:247)
at org.eclipse.emf.workspace.AbstractEMFOperation.execute(AbstractEMFOperation.java:150)
at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.commands.SemanticCreateCommand.doExecuteWithResult(SemanticCreateCommand.java:91)
at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.common.core.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:134)
at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.common.core.command.CompositeCommand.doExecuteWithResult(CompositeCommand.java:403)
at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.common.core.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:134)
at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.common.core.command.CompositeCommand.doExecuteWithResult(CompositeCommand.java:403)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.operations.DefaultOperationHistory.execute(DefaultOperationHistory.java:513)
... 50 more

Regards,
Vinay
Re: Nothing comes when I drag a node on to the Editor [message #780924 is a reply to message #772319] Thu, 19 January 2012 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UmaShankar Subramani is currently offline UmaShankar SubramaniFriend
No Message Body

[Updated on: Fri, 20 January 2012 13:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Nothing comes when I drag a node on to the Editor [message #781082 is a reply to message #780924] Fri, 20 January 2012 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Golubev is currently offline Michael GolubevFriend
Hello,

The part of stack trace below looks suspicious to me, because normally eIsSet is not calling the list.get().
I may guess that you have some generated @not code here.

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.emf.common.util.BasicEList.get(BasicEList.java:354)
at omsbuilder.impl.ComponentImpl.eIsSet(ComponentImpl.java:211)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eIsSet(BasicEObjectImpl.java:1247)

In any case, the bottom part of the whole stack trace shows that it is thrown from pure EMF generated code, on attempt to add the new created object into the new container. Can you check that the code whatever change you are doing at the ComponentCreateCommand.doExecuteWithResult(ComponentCreateCommand.java:63) actually works without the GMF?

There are no GMF-specific code executed at the time when it fails -- only your model and basic EMF staff is running there.

Regards,
Michael "Borlander" Golubev
at Montages Think Tank, Prague, Czech Republic
Montages AG, Zürich, Switzerland
Re: Nothing comes when I drag a node on to the Editor [message #1623829 is a reply to message #772319] Thu, 19 February 2015 10:58 Go to previous message
dorra daddou is currently offline dorra daddouFriend
I have the same problem and i don't know how to slove it.Any help please
Previous Topic:Affixed parent side
Next Topic:draw a new node without respecting the uml of the model (ecore_diagram)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 10:38:08 GMT 2024