Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » My profile in this web site(How do I get to my profile in this web site?)
My profile in this web site [message #770388] Sat, 24 December 2011 04:10 Go to next message
Sam Hobbs is currently offline Sam HobbsFriend
I do not see a way to get to my profile for this web site (eclipse.org); certainly not from the home page. In the forums main page I see a Control Panel but I cannot change anything there. I especially want to change my password.

Oh, now I see how. In the page we get after logging in. That should be easier to find; something more like most web sites / forums.

I did not see a more appropriate forum for this.
Re: My profile in this web site [message #774366 is a reply to message #770388] Tue, 03 January 2012 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Denis Roy is currently offline Denis RoyFriend

Sam Hobbs wrote on Fri, 23 December 2011 23:10

Oh, now I see how. In the page we get after logging in. That should be easier to find; something more like most web sites / forums.

Hi,

Sorry you've had problems finding that info. Where do you think I should put it so that it's easier to find? I don't want it on the home page, since most of our visitors do not log in.

Denis Roy
Eclipse Webmaster -- webmaster@eclipse.org
Re: My profile in this web site [message #774381 is a reply to message #774366] Tue, 03 January 2012 20:05 Go to previous message
Sam Hobbs is currently offline Sam HobbsFriend
I am not sure. I have forgotten what happened a couple of weeks ago. If I am the only one having difficulties then you can ignore me.

One thing that is confusing for me is that getting to the forums means clicking on an icon under other sites. So it probably took me a while to find the forums. So I received the message saying I must reset my password but I seem to have had difficulty finding the forums after that. I wanted to set my password to something more meaningful. Okay, so most people do not sign in but I think most people unfamiliar with the forums could easily miss seeing them.

Obviously I found the forums once, probably by searching the internet. I joined then forgot about my membership. Then I received the message to change the password, so I did that. Then I was confused about where the forums are. Then I got frustrated.
Previous Topic:Installs from Eclipse Marketplace are extremely slow or hang
Next Topic:JSDT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:26:26 GMT 2024